SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woodsy Kind Of Motel In Des Moines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodsy Kind Of Motel In Des Moines Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
Twenty years or so ago, I stayed at a lodge type motel (lots of antlers, etc) North of 80 not too far. I am trying to find the name, can anyone help?

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stay Classy!!
Picture of Crockett040
posted Hide Post
Stoney Creek Hotel in Urbandale is what I believe your looking for.

Posts: 397 | Location: Iowa | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stoney Creek Hotel. Johnston, IA? Just north of I-80. I've never been inside, but the pictures on their website seem to be what you're looking for.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you both, that is the place!!!!

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another problem solved on Sigforum in record time! Six minutes for the solution.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am waiting. . . . . . .
For
The rest
Of
The
Story

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I injured my hamstring on the 4th of July and it is uncomfortable to drive. I did manage 2 trips of 150 miles each last week.

In 6 weeks, I need to drive 530 miles to meet a friend in Nebraska and then ride with him 250 miles North to SD for our 25th annual pheasant hunt.

I am thinking of taking 2 days for my trip instead of doing it in 1. I stayed at the lodge years ago and enjoyed it. I might spend the night in Des Moines, just don't know yet.

posted Hide Post
Para should take this forum to DC, toss the carpetbaggers out, take over and get things DONE right! This is THE PLACE!!

PS…I hope you get your limits!! Might even come across a covey or more of quail. I picture some very good eatin’ comin’ your way!

Good luck ou there!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I hope you will be stopping in Coralville to see the only Costco in the lower 48 with an indoor parking lot .

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Stoney Creek is still very nice. We stay there annually for the kids to hang out and swim, even though we live two miles away. Theater is right next door and a great cafe, too.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I remember when I stayed there last, there was a nice steak place back South toward 80.Can you help me with it.

Last time, I worked it out so I was still doing company business and I was on the expense account. This time I am paying.

I had leased a Jeep to one of out agents in Denver and he met me in Kearney. It also saved me one day of vacation as I was on the payroll until the morning in Kearney.

I have no plans to stop at Costco in Coralville as I am not a member. However, Scheels is a possibility. There are 2 Bass Pro stores and a Cabelas on the way.

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I remember when I stayed there last, there was a nice steak place back South toward 80.Can you help me with it.

Good steak > Texas Roadhouse
Great steak > Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse, 801 Chophouse, Iowa Beef Steakhouse, Chicago Speakeasy, Greenbriar & Jesse’s Embers
Best steak > Ohana Steakhouse Cold Smoked Filet (honestly, it’s life altering)

There are many others, but these are my go-to’s.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too recommend Chicago Speakeasy - not much on atmosphere but good food.

Somewhat disappointed in Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. Others like it though.

Best steak I ever had here was at Tavern 180 in Ankeny. Small place but great steaks.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So
No story .
Well now Iam disappointed.