SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Food from the Largest Gas Station >>>>>>>
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Food from the Largest Gas Station >>>>>>> Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
We made the mistake of stopping at the one in AL on I10 on a Friday afternoon. I've seen less traffic during Houston rush hour.
But, it's the only one east of Baytown on I10, so the hype keeps it busy.

Driving back from Santa Rosa Beach we stopped at one. I waited almost a half hour for a gas pump... and they had a hundred of them.

I don't know about the food. The place was a zoo. I will avoid it next time.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24060 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I've been to 2 of them. One in Texas and one in Alabama. We always stop for gas a junk food.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The two guys who started Buckys are from the county where I lived and worked for 25 years. A couple of guys who owned a convenience store started the chain. One of my employees knew one of them well. Couple of small town good ole boys who thought that immaculate restrooms, good customer service and cheap gas would draw customers. They pay their employees more than other similar stores and expect employees to be respectful of customers.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
whenever we take a trip down the Texas highways, if possible without going out of our way, we always plan our rest and gas stops at a Buc-ee's. Not so much for the food, but the restrooms. As compared with the State run rest stops it's night and day. Unless it's an bowel emergency my wife will not squat at the state places. They also have ethanol free gas although it's only the 92 octane version and of course more expensive.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
We made our first stop at the one on 75 south of Macon right after Christmas. At roughly 8 a.m. it was a madhouse at the pumps, with parking, and inside but there was no wait in the restrooms. My son liked the brisket taco/burrito; he ate mine too.

It was a chore getting out of the parking lot without getting hit. Never again during rush hour whenever that is.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
We made the mistake of stopping at the one in AL on I10 on a Friday afternoon. I've seen less traffic during Houston rush hour.
But, it's the only one east of Baytown on I10, so the hype keeps it busy.

Been to that one, we stopped in on a Motorcycle trip in the area a few times, always busy, the big problem is the entrance combined with tired, hungry drivers with kids and a wife that needs to use the facilities.

The brisket and other BBQ has been decent enough, sure it's not Franklins but then again you don't have to stand in line at 4 am and they are not out by 9am.

Clean bathrooms, lots of gas pumps, good enough snacks and food to get the kiddos to be quiet and full.

Heck of a lot better than Billy Rays Sinclair Station with a bathroom that's dirtier than the oil pit under the truck ramp with 3 year old candy and chips in a vending machine.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post