SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Auto insurance - Why do some companies insist on screwing their long-time customers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auto insurance - Why do some companies insist on screwing their long-time customers? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

Last I checked, this thread is apolitical.

I deleted. after I thought about my post a min

But you made a valid point. It's worth a couple hundred a year.

Posts: 20122 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allstate, after 30 years with them and all the thank you for being a loyal customer crap, I would not cut down a tree that their bean counter didn't like and they dropped my homeowner policy. In those 30 years I never had a claim.

So I switched the rest of my policies auto, boat, snowmobile, and another property, and never looked back.

They threatened to report that I don't have insurance to my "lien holder", I laughed and said good luck, it's paid for!

I saved a lot of money switching too and learned it pays to shop every couple years

Maybe that is why they need to raise rates?

I would never give that company or any that they own another nickel

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.”

John Adams

Posts: 317 | Location: Land of 10000 Taxes | Registered: March 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Timely thread.
Just had my auto policy shopped.

We've had bad luck with our independent agents retiring & the subsequent staff just not being as good/timely/useful.

We've been with Safeco for years. Had the guy we got our homeowner's through run our cars through.

Progressive is $700/year cheaper with the same coverage.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15364 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MoosehornMan:
Allstate....

They threatened to report that I don't have insurance to my "lien holder", I laughed and said good luck, it's paid for!

Ha! These assholes sort of did the same thing to me. I didn't renew the homeowner policy with them. "You need to let us know who your new company is". I basically told them to go pound sand. I own the damn house outright.

Q

Posts: 26440 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Mom passed a few weeks back and I am doing paperwork which includes insurance. Pretty much the same thing.

quote:
Originally posted by MoosehornMan:
Allstate....

Ha! These assholes sort of did the same thing to me. I didn't renew the homeowner policy with them. "You need to let us know who your new company is". I basically told them to go pound sand. I own the damn house outright.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
....The claims resulting from both extreme weather and wildfire loss are significant factors, and since marijuana was legalized 10 years ago there has been a significant increase in pot-related accident claims... and now that psychedelics have been legalized in the state, it wouldn't surprise me if car insurance rates jump up because of that. Ohh, supposedly we have the highest rate of car thefts in the US now too, which I'm sure translates to higher rates as well.

This, many times large rate increases will be to recover losses from damage increases (payout), you might also fall into a new rate class from vehicle type, age, credit score. All kinds of factors including carriers repositioning their risks based on claim factors and trying to drive out higher risk groups or get paid to keep them.

Shop your rates, you might find a carrier that is looking to get into your geographical area and expand their customer base with better rates.

It's not the companies fault, they offer a rate, you either accept it, or don't.

Posts: 23517 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post