SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another friend over The Rainbow Bridge today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another friend over The Rainbow Bridge today. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Sad day for our family. This morning, our last Boston Terrier, Miss Piggy, died at home, I was holding her.

She was about 12 years old, and had not eaten for days, and had several seizures recently. Miss Piggy snored loudly, and kept me company when I was inside. It was never quiet when she was here.

Now , we only have 1 inside dog, Link, and he is getting up in age, he misses Miss Piggy as much as we do. It is too quiet here now.

I just wanted to tell all SF members to love their pets, give them lots of attention, because one day they will be gone.

Picture from several years back, when we had 3 Boston Terriers

Lulu (L), Link ( tan color), Katie, Miss Piggy.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. She is in Valhalla now.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for Link, too.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. It looks like she had a good life and was loved by your family. That's really the best a dog can hope for!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
My condolences. It was good you were right there with her till end - she'd of had it no other way, I'm sure.

RIP Miss Piggy.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
We’ve lost a few over the years so I know just how tough it is. I’m very sorry to hear that Miss Piggy is no longer with you. You have my sincerest condolences.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Sounds like she was really good company. I am sorry for your loss. Saying a prayer for your family.

Posts: 1443 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Katie died 1-1/2 years ago, Lulu died last year.

We have always had Boston Terriers., as we are in the Boston Terrier of NC rescue.

All the dogs, except for Miss Piggy, were close to my wife. Miss Piggy, for some reason was attached to me. Iwould give her belly rubs, which she loved.

I am at a loss for words right now. Missing Piggy so much, rest in peace , Sweet Girl.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
So sorry SSV. Glad you had a great life together. Missed, but never forgotten!

Love her name. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19255 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Miss Piggy. May she rest in peace.

Posts: 3737 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences to you all.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. My best friend is a golden that reads my mind. 8 years old and graying up. I dread the day.
Take care.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1131 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. I've got a bunch of good friends on the other side to greet her.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:

.....I just wanted to tell all SF members to love their pets, give them lots of attention, because one day they will be gone....

You're right thanks for the reminder, I was thinking of taking Sophie for a walk in a few minutes.... I'm definitely going to now.

I'm sorry to hear about Miss Piggy, I'm sure she had a good life.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Condolences.

Good girl, Piggy.

Posts: 26949 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
That is sad news. I’m very sorry about your Miss Piggy.

Posts: 12185 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry. These losses are so hard. I am glad she had you with her at the end. Passing in loving arms is a comforting thought. Godspeed Miss Piggy! Until you meet again take comfort in the good memories and knowing you gave her a loving home.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. Frown

Posts: 12938 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm terribly sorry. Dogs are a blessing that leave us too soon.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post