SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Salesman, Web based business gurus, sales advice needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Salesman, Web based business gurus, sales advice needed Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
So, I started my own PT commercial cleaning business, it has done well, but I have zero sales experience and a lot of my customers are from me just cold walking in and asking if they need cleaning.

can you recommend anyone on you tube or social media who runs a good no nonsense page on how to do in person sales and salesman ship and also a page that is good for showing me how to exploit FB for my business.
O and it needs to be free LOL please!

thanks !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
When it comes to social media I have no idea.

Back in the 80s when I started my first real job in the fire protection industry part of my job was sales.
I read the book "How to win friends and influence people" and took some sales courses put on by Zig Zigler's company.
If you ask me exactly what I remember or what I exactly learned from the book and the courses I could not because it was so long ago.
I do remember it made me a better sales person that carried into several careers that involved different type of sales over the years.

Most of the courses I have taken teach you how to, build confidence, break down the adversarial wall between the customer and the sales person, listen to your customers or potential customers needs, ask for the sale and close the deal. There are other things I learned however most of that came natural to me, my wife says I am a good talker.
Some times the key is being a good listener and that was something I did have to learn to discipline my self a little.

See if there are any Youtube videos on Zig Zigler that are available and watch those.
Your local library may have books like " How to win friends and influence people" you can use for free.
I have heard of business mentoring programs put on by local business associations that might not cost anything.

Good Luck

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2575 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
can't help you with FB but as a reminder, always ask current customers for referrals and perhaps provide incentives for them to provide referrals

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Since this is a small startup why not just do a few info videos of what you do and how you do it that promotes why to use you.
Then grow it from there.
Just to throw money at media especially if you do not have an infrastructure to support it would be a mistake and not a wise investment.

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I think your current customers are always your best resource for growing your business. Not only to solicit referrals, but also as a useful source of information, "if you needed cleaning services, where would you look for a supplier?" To tie in social media, ask them to post a review of your work to Yelp or whatever community review site that might be relevant to your location. Remember, potential customers no longer have the good old Yellow Pages to guide them, and many of them don't have a clue as to where to find competent and reliable trades.

I'd also think that spending some time volunteering with various community interest groups, charities, church functions, etc. (or even offering to donate cleaning services) might go a long way toward raising awareness of your company. People like doing business with "people they know" and face-to-face is far more powerful than online interactions.

Posts: 6507 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
these are excellent ideas, I am running my own FB page and IG page and have done a few vids, the idea of a discount for a review is awsome @!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'll second Zig's videos and architect's referral mention

And a lot more of this

"a lot of my customers are from me just cold walking in and asking if they need cleaning"

Posts: 5349 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post