SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone XR AT&T to Verizon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone XR AT&T to Verizon Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
I've read a few different things on iPhones. I know earlier ones you couldn't move because of the type of network the two used.

I've heard the newer iPhones can be moved.

Anyone know for sure or how this is done.

Trying to help out my parents out as they are totally lost here. I don't have the iPhone XR but will see my parents in the next few days and can get it.

FWIW my mom has an iPhone 6 or 6s now and my dad has an older one. So if it will work on Verison we want to move my mom to the XR as she uses the phone for everything and give my dad her phone as his is no longer supported by Apple.

Thanks

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Check all the carrier plans, some have bogo on th XR. Might be able to get both new phones

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I know for sure up to the 6S+ through AT&T could be unlocked for use with other carriers including Verizon, but don’t know about the XR. Go to an AT&T store and ask them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Verizon phones could always go to any carrier, but Att & TMobile phones couldn’t go to Vzw. If the 6s is a true Att phone, it won’t have CDMA abilities. You may not need the older network anyway and may be fine without it.

Do you know anyone with Verizon service who can plug in their SIM card and see if it works?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8272 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
We have AT-T iPhones and are thinking of switching to Verizon as it seems to be much cheaper. But I recently was told a disturbing thing about Verizon.

If you are in the Maps mode following directions to a place you have never been or trying to find, and somebody calls or texts you, the Maps mode clicks off while you are talking/texting on the phone. It comes back to Maps after your done but you could have missed your road or turn in the meantime.

Whereas AT-T is seamless and Siri keeps on directing.

Anybody have real life experience with this?

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1436 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
We have AT-T iPhones and are thinking of switching to Verizon as it seems to be much cheaper. But I recently was told a disturbing thing about Verizon.

If you are in the Maps mode following directions to a place you have never been or trying to find, and somebody calls or texts you, the Maps mode clicks off while you are talking/texting on the phone. It comes back to Maps after your done but you could have missed your road or turn in the meantime.

Whereas AT-T is seamless and Siri keeps on directing.

Anybody have real life experience with this?

This was true at one time but is no longer. I get directions when talking to someone on the phone.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Good to know Comet, Thanks, just might switch to Verizon

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1436 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post