SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s a classic Sazerac tonight

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Bruichladdich, Classic Laddie again tonight. Good stuff.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be Knob Creek 10y/o bourbon......just so smooooooth!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrapin Luau Pog IPA at the beach!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to try a new bourbon...to me. I found some miniatures of Buffalo Trace bourbon at Total Wine and More yesterday. They don't have any large bottles of BT, so if I like it, well I am going to have to lean on them to get some in for sale.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Big BT fan, 1 each wheat and rye

Damn son, nice score.

I assume you drink non certified Kosher as well?

Damn skippy, it wasn't the Kosher that got me, it was a BT Wheated and Rye

If you ever make it to NC, drop me a line. I have a 99 bottle bar of scotch and bourbon, emphasis on the trace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPo-nL3kASg

Was that you?

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nooooo

I think that's how it would go if I made a video of myself drinking bourbon Cool

I just went and re-tasted the wheated, didn't get a musty note. It's good but not great, haven't opened the rye yet

Have a bud coming over, we will be having some Eagle Rare and gonna try Balcones Baby Blue corn whiskey. Probably just a gimmick but we can hope for awesome

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1623 Hefeweizen on tap in my beer kitchen.

Really good stuff.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Dewar’s, 8 Year Old Caribbean Smooth Rum Cask Finish Scotch over one ice cube.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Tonight is a limited edition 14 year and 8 month old Knob Creek 120 proof bourbon over a large ice ball.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nooooo

I think that's how it would go if I made a video of myself drinking bourbon Cool

I just went and re-tasted the wheated, didn't get a musty note. It's good but not great, haven't opened the rye yet

Have a bud coming over, we will be having some Eagle Rare and gonna try Balcones Baby Blue corn whiskey. Probably just a gimmick but we can hope for awesome

I won't say anything about balcones until later....

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Balcones, mediocre, it did actually have a wierd corn silage mustiness. Gonna put coke in it

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
Tonight is a limited edition 14 year and 8 month old Knob Creek 120 proof bourbon over a large ice ball.

Oh my, that just HAS to be very tasty!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Balcones, mediocre, it did actually have a wierd corn silage mustiness. Gonna put coke in it

Yup, I was not impressed. IT was a gift from my boss two years ago, and it was quickly used as mixer fodder.

posted Hide Post
Kirkland 22 year sherry cask finish single malt..... absolutely stunning!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Hump Day Tanqueray and Tonic. Of course and a cigar.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Smirnoff and gingerale...I’m pretty much a cheap date Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

This good whisky

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
There's a whole long history about that whisky.

The gentleman who founded it studied the art in Scotland and his wife was from there.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post