SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The long ride home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The long ride home Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I went out for a ride today to pick up some crickets for our dragon. On the way home a bright red blur roared past me. As luck would have it we soon caught a stoplight. I rolled up next to a Buell Superbike. Holy hell those things are loud! What should have been a 45 minute trip became an almost two our ride out to the country and twisties with my new friend. That Buell has got some torque. My little SV650 could hardly keep up. Big Grin What a fun ride!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I was interested in those until I tried the clutch on more than one occasion.

Heaviest clutch pull ever! It would be miserable in stop and go traffic in town.

My '99 SV650 was one of the most fun bikes I've ridden.

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried dubia roaches? I have better luck keeping them alive when bought in bulk online. They cant fly or climb up smooth surfaces and don't make noise.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Hate when that happens... Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Mikito, thanks! I'll look into them. Do you know if they are ok for juvenile bearded dragons?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. I believe so. We used them and the internet sites say it its fine. You just have to get the smaller size. My kids have a bearded dragon and a chameleon.

One weird thing is it is difficult to feel them crawling on you so you have to pay attention to stow aways.

From what I have read dubia roaches also do not bite while crickets will which is why you are not supposed to leave them in the cage with the dragon.

Dubia roaches also are said to have twice the protein of crickets and less chance of carring parasites.

One last thing... To me they don't look as icky as ordinary cockroaches which is something I was a little hesitant about when researching them.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I thought about a reptile, but there ain't no way I will willingly bring an insect that has a carapace in the house where I sleep!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The dragon stays in my sons room. Our cat is banned from that room after she tore open a brand new bag of 51+ crickets and released them all over the room. She certainly killed a lot of them but not all of them. Mad I am VERY interested in a cricket substitute for our dragon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I look at the water dragons every time I go to Petco. They appear to be very friendly.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This is my son's second bearded dragon and both dont mind being handled. They let you know when they are pissed or stressed by opening their mouth. The more excitable dragon bit me but it didn't hurt. I'm handling him every day to get him more used to being held.

I really like bearded dragons. I would never have bought one if my son hadn't pushed the issue but I'm glad we got them. They are neat little lizards!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

Cool

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post