SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Millenial Job Interview
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Millenial Job Interview Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Spot on

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
So true. Smile

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
That poor child needs a retroactive abortion.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
It's funny 'cause it's true.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I think I've seen that before somewhere.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
That poor child needs a retroactive abortion.
And her parents should be jailed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
It's funny 'cause it's true.

H&K-Guy

It's not funny 'cause it's true. Smile

Posts: 9522 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I think I've seen that before somewhere.

Déjà vu indeed...

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
My insurance agent (former minister, around 65ish) brought his granddaughter to my clinic to apply as a kennel attendant. He stayed in the room during the interview, which I thought was bizarre. After a series of answers similar to the cupcake in this parody video, I asked her what she did for fun in her off time? Her reply: "I like to go mind tripping." Uhm... Wha? I ask what's that, as her grandfather looks at me with possibly the most strained smile I've ever seen. "It's, like, when I just go lay down on my bed, and I go into myself, and in my mind I take a great vacation far away..." She said much more, but I kinda zoned out and stared at her grandfather.

He never even called me to follow up on the "interview." He knew the answer.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Recently a student of mine requested a meeting to talk about her paper, on which she had not received a good grade. She came into my office, sat down, took out her cell, and began sending and receiving texts. I had her paper on my desk and waited for her to put down her cell. She asked why she had received a low grade-- and continued on her cell.

I told her that she requested this meeting and it was rude to sit there with her cell-- she should make another appointment and return without her cell. She put the phone in her lap with a huff and eyerolls.

I said, "Send me an email for another appointment." She said, "I don't believe this! I'm here. I want to know why I received...,

"Send me an email. Goodbye."

She did not send another email.

Her affect was *exactly* what we see in that video. It's like they have taken training from the same source.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

But she did leave you a negative review on RateMyProfessor.com, stating that you were "The worst professor EVER! He gave me a bad grade FOR NO REASON and then kicked me out of his office when all I did was ask why. OMG!"

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Many of this bunch are starting to realize that the world does not work for them, but the other way around. Sadly, there will be a considerable number of the mental giants becoming a huge social burden. The damn things vote, are polled for opinions and marketing decisions evolve around these future cretins.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
We joke. But I work with some millennials now.

Unprofessional. Clueless. These are amongst the words that come to mind.

I seriously don’t know how these people are getting hired.

I look at peer groups and teams in Korea, Taiwan and Japan and US employees are trending towards a painful wake up. I hope to be retired by then.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12726 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

But she did leave you a negative review on RateMyProfessor.com, stating that you were "The worst professor EVER! He gave me a bad grade FOR NO REASON and then kicked me out of his office when all I did was ask why. OMG!"

I think they edited her, what she really said was:

"He is like the worst professor EVER! He gave me a bad grade FOR LIKE NO REASON whatever except to exercise his toxic masculiniy and then literally kicked me out of his office when all I did was engage my agency and told him that the grade was LIKE TOTALLY his opinion. OMG!"

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
We joke. But I work with some millennials now.

I feel your pain. We're 0 for 3 on millennials last year. We might get 1 full year out of the latest if he lasts.

Funny he knows everything just not the simple stuff we take for granted.

They're quitters too. They'll give up at the first sign trouble.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another video about Millenials at work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0o9clVQu8

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine got a part time job after retirement to basically kill time and get a little extra cash. I asked him how it was going.
He said they LOVED him...because he would show up, even at the correct time! This was just an entry level restaurant job - about as low stress as you can get - and they couldn't find people with enough gumption to show up! Roll Eyes

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
A millennial at work took 8 weeks of medical leave because the job was stressing her out and her mental health was suffering greatly. Her job is so simple it can literally be done by anyone with a 6th grade education. She also complains to anyone who will list how she’s always broke because “everything bad happens to me.” I’d like to shake her like a fucking rat.

Posts: 13744 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
This is heartbreaking.
I have to say, I have at least 2-3 millennials working with us right now that are phenomenal. But they are looking to something greater, and we are just a stepping stone. The other kids that apply...whew. Sometimes it’s hard to pick the wheat from the chaff. And it’s getting harder.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5325 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That hurt so bad to watch. God help us.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post