SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remains of of U.S. Servicemen arrive in South Korea
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remains of of U.S. Servicemen arrive in South Korea Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
I won't lie, I teared up watching this.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/87CiWwQHnEc

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the history of the Korean War. Nonetheless, those remains should have been draped in American Flags.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

Posts: 1796 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a good start. I do hope that the DNA test prove that NK is honest in this gesture.

Posts: 6719 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
This is a good start. I do hope that the DNA test prove that NK is honest in this gesture.

This was my first thought too.

HK Ag

Posts: 3535 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
I know the history of the Korean War. Nonetheless, those remains should have been draped in American Flags.

Agreed. Their remains deserve better than to be draped in the flag of a sorry outfit like the UN.

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something like 23 countries fought under the UN command. They could be remains of soldiers, if that is what they are, from Turkey, UK, France, Australia, Iran, Columbia, Phillipines, India, Belgium,Sweden, Thailand, Italy, Norway ect. As well as South Korean. Untill we know what they are, if we ever can tell, I think the UN flag is appropriate.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
News story states that they are "American" soldiers.

I suppose there is a chance the news report is inaccurate. Wink

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Regardless of their country of origin (I like to believe American until proven otherwise), happy to see them brought home.

Looking at this from another angle, more winning, thanks to President Trump. This must just give the left more ulcers than they can possibly tolerate.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15835 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Help me out here. To identify these soldiers, do they not need DNA samples from the missing soldiers to begin with? This was some 60 years ago, is that information realistically available now?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
From the video it sounds like there may be some other items that survived like dog tags.

DNA from close relatives can be used to identify.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a big thing, and an important one. Nobody is talking about the two soldiers shot across the DMZ a few days ago by North Korean soldiers, however, because that kind of news is disruptive to current events.

Their families are quite aware, and they won't get nearly the fanfare as their remains are returned home.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
You have any more details? I hadn't heard about this.

quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
This is a big thing, and an important one. Nobody is talking about the two soldiers shot across the DMZ a few days ago by North Korean soldiers, however, because that kind of news is disruptive to current events.

Their families are quite aware, and they won't get nearly the fanfare as their remains are returned home.

Posts: 1934 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
When I saw the UN flags I about choked. They should have been draped in the US Flag. Even if the remains are not of US servicemen I know we will treat them with the honor they deserve, and that honor starts by being covered in the flag of the country that will set you to rest. And if they turn out to be Korean, British, Australian, it does not matter. They are honored dead that were brought back to the US so that they can finally be at rest. I have no problem with draping our flag over these soldiers no matter where they come from. Our flag is the flag of freedom, our flag IS the one shining light in a dark world.

May these soldiers rest in peace.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post