SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wisconsin Wins Big! Actually make that Yuuuge!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wisconsin Wins Big! Actually make that Yuuuge!!! Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Big deal for Wisconsin good for the state! This is just what the liberal democrats have been scared to death of, This kind of REAL Winning!
This is the kind of thing that impacts people lives in a very direct and positive way and the kind of thing that will make them loyal Trumpers and voting on the R side.

Trump had a good deal to do with this along with Kushner Priebus and Walker.

Trump has hinted similar deals are in the works for other parts of the country. If this happens across the country in the next 4 years the Dems can kiss their ass goodbye!

quote:
In what's being called the largest economic development project in state history, Taiwanese electronics giant Foxconn plans to build a $10 billion plant in Wisconsin that would create liquid-crystal display panels and employ as many as 13,000 people, according to the White House and Gov. Scott Walker.

The planned Wisconsin plant is expected to open in 2020 and will be part of a 20 million square-foot campus on at least 1,000 acres -- a project Walker's office has dubbed "Wisconn Valley."

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Lowering income making people dependent on the State is a large part of the communist agenda or new world order if you like.

Independence is the bleach that kills the nanny State.

Good for them, and NO I am not tired of winning.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
If that can all come to pass...What great news!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
For a second there I thought Paul Ryan may have resigned.

Not that lucky, I guess. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift but along the same lines (more American jobs)

Walmart Inc. (WMT) met with government and business leaders in Washington on Wednesday to unveil a plan to spur growth in domestic manufacturing efforts that company executives say will create an estimated 1.5 million new jobs in the United States.

The meeting included a discussion with key individuals on both sides of the aisle about the biggest challenges the U.S. manufacturing sector currently faces. Using an analysis by the Boston Consulting Group and Walmart sourcing data, the company crafted a 10-point plan to “recapture” an estimated $300 billion in imported consumer goods, stoking job growth in the process.

“As we’ve worked over the last four years alongside our suppliers toward our goal to source an additional $250 billion in products that support American jobs, we’ve learned a great deal about the challenges our suppliers face in domestic manufacturing,” said Cindi Marsiglio, Walmart vice president for U.S. Sourcing and Manufacturing. “The good news is we’ve also learned how to overcome the challenges and, because of our experience, Walmart is uniquely positioned to help facilitate broad engagement in accelerating the expansion of U.S. manufacturing.”

Walmart’s “policy roadmap Opens a New Window. ” to boost U.S. manufacturing comes days after President Trump’s administration hosted “Made in America” week at the White House. The event highlighted companies and products crafted in each of the 50 states in a display meant to affirm Trump’s commitment to “America First” policies.

The U.S. manufacturing index, which measures factory activity in the country, reached a near three-year high of 57.8 in June, according to the Institute of Supply Management. Any reading above 50 indicates growth.

The Walmart-backed plan calls for the elimination of so-called “policy barriers” that officials say are impeding growth in the domestic manufacturing sector. The road map identifies four major obstacles -- a lack of qualified workers, excessive government regulation, dated tax and trade agreements and a lack of coordination among suppliers -- and calls on specific government and business entities to act together to address them.

“Enhancing US manufacturing is a top priority of mine,” said U.S. Representative Tom Reed (R-NY), co-chair of the House Manufacturing Caucus. “Manufacturing is an advancing field where new technologies will open doors to job creation and economic growth. We must work together to remove barriers so that we are more competitive and good paying jobs are once again created right here in the United States.”

http://www.foxbusiness.com/mar...illion-new-jobs.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
My dad sold a lot of machine tools to places in Wisconsin. Glad to see a manufacturing win for the state.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4880 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I should try to find videos of all the smear ads prior to the last gubernatorial election, claiming Walker was a failure because of his inability to bring jobs to Wisconsin.

Since the last election, they've built Amazon and Uline, with Haribo and Foxconn scheduled.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walmart, Inc.

More manufacturing jobs stateside and Walmart has decided it's going to step into Sears' shoes in a newer, better way? Interesting things are afoot.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP's link is to a fairly even-handed article (for the State Urinal) until they start quoting GDCs toward the end.

Most people don't read to the end anyway.

If I get tired from all this winning, I just take a nap. Then I'm ready for a lot more.

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
For a second there I thought Paul Ryan may have resigned.

Not that lucky, I guess. Smile

In an amazing coincidence, the new factory will be located in Paul Ryan's home district.

Just lucky, I guess.....

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I'll believe it when the factory is actually built. Foxcon promised they'd build a factory in Pennsylvania in 2013 for example and never did.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
I'll believe it when the factory is actually built. Foxcon promised they'd build a factory in Pennsylvania in 2013 for example and never did.

Who was president then? I don't think Trump would come out with this kind of fanfare if this wasn't a done deal. Besides he won't let them make him look foolish and back out.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I understand all these companies are doing this because of all the deregulations, but arent they worried that the next president will regulate them to death again? wasting 10 billion dollars?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dislike being debbie downer, but if it sounds too good to be true.......

it ( in the long run) will be costing someone , something,eventually ,
my question is will it cost the community ? the county? the state ? or the country ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54712 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I dislike being debbie downer, but if it sounds too good to be true.......

it ( in the long run) will be costing someone , something,eventually ,
my question is will it cost the community ? the county? the state ? or the country ?

The number I heard last night on the news was about $3 billion in tax incentives. No idea what the details are though. So yes, there is a cost, but obviously the state/local gov't is betting on a net positive economic benefit.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post