SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Bike Day!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Bike Day! Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I’ve expanded my drop bar bike collection a bit with a new Fuji Cross 1.3 cyclocross bike. Entry level racer sure but for the money it’s fantastic. My first thought was DAMN! It’s fast! I’m coming from a full chromoly Marin gravel bike so the Fuji’s carbon fork, reinforced aluminum frame, hydraulic brakes and SRAM apex 1 double tap shifter 1-11 (11-32T cassette) feels like a much lighter, MUCH faster overall bike.

The Marin is a more laid back, forgiving bike that is still quite comfy and capable of hauling ass down a trail. The 700x33c wheels of the Fuji feel way more twitchy than the laid back almost neo-retro WTB 650B Horizon 47c tires on my Marin.

I wasn’t expecting the sparkle paint job. You don’t notice it until you are up close to the bike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Nice bike…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3489 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Ride!! Please be careful, none of us are getting any younger Razz

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s no 1986 GSX-R 750, but it looks like a nice scoot. Keep the rubber side down.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Brings back memories. My first "real" bike was a Fuji S10-S, back in about 1975. Bought it new for $205. Big money for a bike back then. Double-butted chrome moly frame, friction-shifters on the down tube, leather-and-metal toe clips, the works!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post