SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Questions on pancake compressors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions on pancake compressors Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I had one for 30 years when it finally quit I went with a makita much lighter pumps up faster, it's a duel tank big bore. the pancakes are too heavy.

Posts: 5605 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
I have a California air tools 1gal that is SUPER quiet and light.

My old Craftsman air compressor will certainly give up the ghost some day. When it does, I'll replace it with either an Ingersoll Rand or California Air Tools compressor.

That old Craftsman compressor... On the one hand I could use more volume at pressure for some of my more demanding air tools, but, at the same time I gotta love how well it's held up for me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
I've got the Metabo EC710 and it's LOUD. Otherwise, it's been good.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Bought a cheap Chinese compressor. Wen or something like that. Total piece of junk. Lasted 3 or 4 months before it died. Replaced with a Porter Cable that I’ve had for years. No problems. By once, cry once. I tend to forget that once in a while.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
I have a California air tools 1gal that is SUPER quiet and light.

My old Craftsman air compressor will certainly give up the ghost some day. When it does, I'll replace it with either an Ingersoll Rand or California Air Tools compressor.

That old Craftsman compressor... On the one hand I could use more volume at pressure for some of my more demanding air tools, but, at the same time I gotta love how well it's held up for me.

I have a Craftsman 33gal that I bought 20ish years ago for <$100 as a scratch & dent + employee + whatever coupons would work discount. I expect it to blow up & kill me at some point, but it keeps on rattling my teeth every time it kicks on. Even with a new regulator & all the pluming checked, it will still leak down & kick in just as you walk by it. I put it in the bathroom of my shop, it has surprised a few people.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Porter Cable on sale for the 4th at Acme Tool for 99.00. It is the pancake version.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

My old Craftsman air compressor will certainly give up the ghost some day. When it does, I'll replace it with either an Ingersoll Rand or California Air Tools compresso

Mine too, my Craftsman pancake is still ticking but I would consider the the China-knockoff brand from Harbor Freight which is Fortress.
I doubt as great the Cali Air but a helluva lot cheaper.
Mine is still working but it didn't have enough power for a couple of things so I got the largest Fortress they had which is only a 27 gal (don't have 220 in garage) but it is quieter than my pancake and lot more power (I do some sand minor blasting).
Normally I shy away from Chincanese products but sometimes you can't help it.
YMMV

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Porter Cable. Have had for over 20 years. Granted not a daily user but I work it hard for framing and trim work.
I do use it to take of lug nuts too.

Senco used to be good not sure now.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3873 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post