SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our Suburban ate a deer tonight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Suburban ate a deer tonight Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Some fire departments cut the battery cable in serious accidents. I am guessing that wasn't the case with your truck?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
I know your pain.
My girlfriend was a newspaper distributor for 31 years. The last 20 was in a rural area in the river and swamp area in Louisiana.
She hit or the deer hit her 17 times. That got old.

17 times? Wow.

I'm not sure I'd even ride in a car with someone that accident/deer prone.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
I know your pain.
My girlfriend was a newspaper distributor for 31 years. The last 20 was in a rural area in the river and swamp area in Louisiana.

17 times? Wow.

I went nearly 35 years without hitting/getting hit by a critter.

Since then I've had four. Them bastards are thick around here and they'll just run into you because. They are nuisance animals anymore and, of course, the fish and game folks won't do anything to reduce the numbers. Oh no! That would make too much sense. Roll Eyes

Yep, we'll let them destroy lawns, landscaping, gardens, vehicles, and lives, but we can't kill and eat them. Fucking idiots.

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I hit one several years ago. I was surprised how much damage Bambi did and I was only going 45mph when we hit.

Posts: 12473 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
No frame damage, i can't see how any deer could mess up the frame on a body on frame SUV, just bolt on parts and paint. They didn't cut the battery, there was some sort of ignition or fuel cutoff. When we wrecked a MINI Cooper years ago the fire department cut the main terminal wire to shutup the horn. I was trying to find the fuse to shut it up and they said "these hybrids are dangerous, this is what we do." Those were front airbags though. The overpressure from the bags in such a small space as a MINI made my ears ring and popped the sunroof out.

Posts: 2526 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever even met 17 different people who have hit a deer once. And I grew up in the deep south and live in the mountains now. The mule deer in my "neighborhood" like to lay in the grass near a spot where I often park my 4x4 outside, and they hardly move when I walk past if I walk slowly, so I'm as deep in deer country as anyone else I'd wager.

Let's see, I think I know seven, maybe eight, people who have hit one, over 40+yrs.

Four for you and seventeen for her? You guys are cursed. Definitely cursed. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
I know your pain.

17 times? Wow.

I went nearly 35 years without hitting/getting hit by a critter.

Since then I've had four. Them bastards are thick around here and they'll just run into you because. They are nuisance animals anymore and, of course, the fish and game folks won't do anything to reduce the numbers. Oh no! That would make too much sense. Roll Eyes

Yep, we'll let them destroy lawns, landscaping, gardens, vehicles, and lives, but we can't kill and eat them. Fucking idiots.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post