SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend A "Smart" Irrigation Controller, Please?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend A "Smart" Irrigation Controller, Please? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
In our case: There is.

As I noted in my OP: Maybe it's some weird geological effect or something, but we can have a solid line of storms with us directly in the bullseye, and they'll either fall apart, dodge to one side or the other, or split, go past us, and re-form.

I'm not making this up. We've watched it happen time and time again over the nearly thirty years we've lived here. I was a trained weather spotter for years. I've never seen anything like this before in my life.
That happens here as well. It splits north to south, passes my area, comes back together and continues on it’s way. Makes you ignore the weather reports.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Rachio controllers for my yard. I have 24 total zones over 2.5 acres. I manually ran a few zones yesterday while having dinner at a restaurant. Bulletproof.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Went and picked up a 12-zone Rachio 3 at Costco a couple days ago. Got it installed yesterday. Had a bit of a problem with the rain sensor. Turned out I should have RTFM'd

Now comes the learning curve. This first program I put in, because of the zone durations I specified and the zone characteristics, is going to take over twelve hours to run!

The good news is I know why.

I think what I'm going to do is start over on the program, let the controller have its way, and adjust from there. Probably use Flex Monthly or Flex Daily.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post