SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter is coming, MI gets 18 inches of snow!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter is coming, MI gets 18 inches of snow! Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Up to 18 inches of snow reported so far; Here’s how much winter stuff has fallen

Heavy snow has fallen over part of the Upper Peninsula. The ground is covered with snow over part of northern Lower Michigan.

Here are some snow reports as of Tuesday morning, October 18.

The heaviest snowfall report so far this Tuesday morning is 18 inches and comes from National Mine, MI in Marquette County in the Upper Peninsula.

Not far away from National Mine, Mindy Olvera sends us these fresh pictures from this morning at Gwinn, MI, just south of Marquette, MI. She measured 13 inches on the truck, and it’s still snowing.

Pictures at link

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Our UP has winter and Fourth of July.

I actually was supposed to be in Marquette last weekend for the LSPR but my store manager asked for the week off and I cancelled. I'd probably still be trying to get back.

Posts: 11282 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the shore, where I live, there was about 3 or 4 inches of heavy wet snow. The video is from the "high country" of Marquette County. Elevation and wind direction often determines snow levels here.
A friend of mine was the Honorary Mayor of National Mine. Unelected position!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16363 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Farmers Almanac says it's going to be a cold winter...

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its a bone-chilling 79 here today made worse by the fact that we've had pretty gusty winds coming though here for the past 48 hours

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
If the Farmers Almanac is correct I would not want the heating bills in some of those areas in the US. Double Ouch!

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
or the water bills in UT, NV, AZ and CA next summer. Which will also impact food prices nationwide from crops grown in these areas.

Posts: 12571 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
It’s a chilly 52° outside right now at 6:20am.
High today should be a nice 81° sunny skies, slight breeze.

I hate snow so much. I can’t imagine living where you have to deal with that shit regularly. It would suck the morale out of me. If it snows here, it’s only every few years, and is gone within a day.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4290 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
The squirrels around here are going crazy with walnuts from my tress. If that means anything.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3924 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Growing up in Michigan I enjoyed it as a kid, now pushing 70 I am very happy here in Tejas.

Posts: 5341 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Our first Snowbird showed up Tuesday at the skeet field.

He was from Michigan and said he had just sold his house and was going to move here. He's had enough snow for his lifetime.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Having grown up in the lower peninsula of Michigan, I can’t even understand why this is a news story. Unless it’s because the snowfall is late.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
18 inches in Michigan? Well, it could be worse. The last time Virginia got 18 inches, she didn't get out of bed for a week.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I'll gladly take the snow and cold over hurricanes, tornadoes, skeeters, garters, scorpions, sand storms, extreme heat and the other assorted items out of the southern states.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4220 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
18 inches in Michigan? Well, it could be worse. The last time Virginia got 18 inches, she didn't get out of bed for a week.

Ya, but six times is a lot! Eek

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1139 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll gladly take the snow and cold over hurricanes, tornadoes, skeeters, garters, scorpions, sand storms, extreme heat and the other assorted items out of the southern states

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Garters. What do you mean? BTW message back when you bust your ass on the ice.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Ya'll need to send some water down here in Louisiana. The Mississippi is lower than I've ever seen it.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, winter came to us last night. 70 degrees the day before. Like flipping a switch.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30862 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Southeastern lower Michigan in the 70’s today and tomorrow. Going to a M/C Trunk or Treat event today and just might take the bagger out.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post