SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fort Niagra garrison flag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fort Niagra garrison flag Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Was up at Niagara Falls a few months ago. Stopped in at Fort Niagara, an old French, then British, then American, then British, then American fort.

Interesting history.

The fort has a massive 15 star, 15 stripe American flag, that the British captured in the War of 1812, and sent back to Britian. Where the flag was stored in some rich guys attic for almost 200 years.

Well it was found and returned to America, and is now stored in the Fort Niagra museum.

I can say the sight of that massive flag brought a lot of emotions up in me. Made this American boy shed a few tears. A very impressive display. Stop in and see it if you ever find yourself on the lake there in Niagra Falls area.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Neat piece of history. Glad it's back home.

I thought flags weren't supposed to touch the floor?

Posts: 6065 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post