SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Say hello to my little bastards. (kittens, of course)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Say hello to my little bastards. (kittens, of course) Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:

out during the day, IN at night , sleeping on the bed wit me.
Question: What do you do to control fleas on a cat that is allowed to go outside?

This is one reason that our little demon (pawned off on us by Paragon) is strictly a house cat. She (the cat, not Paragon) had fleas when she arrived. A visit to the vet took care of that, we sprinkled the carpets with boric acid powder to prevent any eggs from hatching and we have been flea-free for a couple of years, but I'm pretty sure that if the cat went outside we would have the same problem again.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Day 2: Cold and raining outside. Not a good day to be a stray.
If you read my OP, you know there is one angry little one who is all Piss and Vinegar. She yowled when I captured her. She pooped and hissed and spit at me while looking me in the eye (predator thing).
I'm lucky because today I hand fed her some soft canned kitten food and I didn't lose a finger. Lucky because here shy tries to take out her mom and orange tabby "Colby Jack", while dodging her other sibling.
https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/use...97ED818BD133E_201910
Let me know if that link works. It's supposed to be good for 24 hrs.
Or I guess this works.
https://imgur.com/a/DknICeZ

Video worked for me. They are too damn cute honing those killing skills Smile

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are cute, Congrats on your new babies.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
We have a mother cat that’s had a litter and the black & grey are hers & still coming for dinner everyday.
This little nerget was the only one to survive from her last liter.
We kept her over the weekend & delivered her to the no-kill cat shelter.
Wish we could catch the mother, I’ve caught two raccoons trying.
Going to start setting something up for them for the winter.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Wish we could catch the mother, I’ve caught two raccoons trying.

I was absolutely thrilled when we caught our mother. Then, not being able to find the kittens at first, letting her go, pure frustration.
Then, a few days later, capturing all of them and seeing the little ones nursing and the mother content, it really feels good.
"Can't eat anymore"
https://i.imgur.com/IeKhq2Z.mp4

"Play Time In Color"
https://i.imgur.com/VT35Do3.mp4

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Good on yuh, dsiets! I sure miss my two not being kittens anymore. They just grow up too fast... Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dsiets you are a saint.

-------------------
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round.

Posts: 1107 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
Good on yuh, dsiets! I sure miss my two not being kittens anymore. They just grow up too fast... Frown
Yeah. My indoor "kittens" are 9 years old now. . . .

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post