SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Injecting politics in to non political threads ( for the fourth dam time)
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Injecting politics in to non political threads ( for the fourth dam time) Login/Join 
posted
There is just no reason to do it,
For those here, who's life is politics ,
those who think , breathe , and consume all that is politics

refrain from putting them in posts that are not politics related.

Its turning in to a political shit fest again, and its not desirable , at least in my threads , anyway .

I thought I had the original Para edict , but I can't find it.

If you want to start 3 dozen political threads , so be it , have a great time , .

but if politics are not mentioned , there is no reason for you to just insert them willy nilly,

I don't appreciate it .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I agree.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
See this on Fakebook ALL the time. If it weren't for our pilot groups being on that stupid thing, I'd be able to avoid it. Someone will post something like, "Did y'all see the letter management put out about future new-hire classes?", and I'll be DAMNED if someone doesn't drop a political bomb right into the middle of the conversation.

Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I play a little game on news sites. It doesn't matter which one.

Regardless of the content of the article, if there are comments, I take a guess as to how many comments I see before someone makes one with a political slant.

Incredibly, it is often within the first 3 to 5 comments on the article.

Tedious beyond belief. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

C'mon, folks! This is FOUR dams! Let's cut it out - for bendable's sake, at least!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
... That first dam is beautiful!

Posts: 2539 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
It is indeed. It is the dam on the water reservoir of Lake Vyrnwy in North West Wales. The water behind it benefits the population of Liverpool, about sixty miles to the North.

Posts: 11314 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:

It's more than beautiful, it's a damn beautiful dam!

There's a bridge over a local waterway, the latter for which for which you can rent canoes. Date on the bridge is sometime in the early 1900's or so. Same kind of a thing.

Once-upon-a-time we knew how to build things to last.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
C'mon, folks! This is FOUR dams! Let's cut it out - for bendable's sake, at least!

Wink Big Grin

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:

It's more than beautiful, it's a damn beautiful dam!

Years ago I used to white water raft on the New & Gauley Rivers...there was a tiny town there called Gad, which made the dam located there that we put-in immediately below...the Gad Dam. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
It is indeed. It is the dam on the water reservoir of Lake Vyrnwy in North West Wales. The water behind it benefits the population of Liverpool, about sixty miles to the North.

I've never visited the U.K., but in my various readings and mental images I somehow never pictured any large dams there, so thanks for that tidbit of info.

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
It’s a lot like “Godwin’s Law” about Internet comments. Maybe we should name this concept as the “Bendable’s Corollary”, about politics in non-political threads.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dam! What were we talking about agin?

Posts: 2478 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
You guys are party mouths.......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
You guys are party mouths.......

Ain’t that the dam truth.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Dam! He found a way to skirt "no profanity in the subject line".

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need to point out uncalled for political comments as a violation of the dam clause in the waiver. Razz

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that Joe Biden and Corn Pop built that bottom one

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Take me to the River ... Dam it up good...
Now, what were we talking about?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post