SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hawaiian Breakfast Menu: Loco Moco
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawaiian Breakfast Menu: Loco Moco Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted
You can almost hear your arteries slam shut when you eat it but it tastes great.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Might not be a big hit in Spanish speaking areas.

Posts: 5758 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I don't remember actually making it, but I've certainly had my share.

For some reason I feel like driving to Zippy's now. Cool

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16305 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Yeah, I had to plug that one into a translator. Big Grin

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
We occasionally make Loco Mocos to eat for dinner because it is a really simple dinner to fix.

I'll buy some macaroni salad at the local market. Make some short grain white rice. Make a quick bacon gravy. Grill a couple of burgers, then fry up a couple of eggs. Plate the food.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16662 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Yeah, I had to plug that one into a translator. Big Grin

One of my water skiing buddies was married to a girl of Mexican decent, and whenever some errant snot was present, he would notify with the kinder warning: "mocos" His better lesson was how he would stop gossip in its tracks by saying: "Sure is a nice day!" Meaning he wasn't going there and neither should anybody else.

Being younger than me, he taught a lesson that I being older should have been teaching.

Posts: 7449 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fell in love with a version of this at a restaurant in Kauai a few years ago. They did a cognac soy glaze instead of gravy that was delicious and I would opt for scrambled eggs instead of fried. Well have to check out the video as I have been hankering for it for awhile. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love me some loco moco plate lunch!

I always ask for an extra scoop of mac salad.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sounds good and honestly, my arteries would be absolutely unfazed by that... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I make them at home
Costco rice micro bowl ( nice little single servings )
Costco hamburger precooked hamburger patty ( microwaved)
1 egg cooked omelet style
Fry some chopped onion add some pre-made McCormick beef gravy

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Delicious. I make it every once in awhile for the family get-togethers. Fairly simple and hits all the taste buds.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post