SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DuroMax XP12000E Problem
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DuroMax XP12000E Problem Login/Join 
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I hope repairs and cleanup are moving forward for you. Nobody wants to be messing with their generator on top off everything else, but running with the cap loose was a diagnostic step and not a permanent solution.

In the pictures for your generator on the manufacturer’s website, there is a vent valve on top of the tank. There is a hose running from the valve that should go to a canister. There should be another hose going from that canister to the carburetor. Checking the hoses for obstructions would be easy enough, but I suspect the vent valve on the top of the tank is your issue. It’s supposed to let pressurized vapors out while keeping liquid fuel in. It should also allow air into the tank as the gas gets used when the generator is running.

Assuming it’s under warranty, I’d call the manufacturer and see what they are going to do. I would think they would send you a new valve.

Thanks. Yeah I'll be looking into it as soon as I get my house dry. I really appreciate all of the help that yall gave to me and have given over the years.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post