SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pale Vegan Hotrod
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pale Vegan Hotrod Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Not enough to actually buy one, you understand.

The Nissan Cube shown goes overboard on the "funky-looking" both inside and out, as do most of the others, but the Soul actually has a functional and attractive interior. It isn't actually fast (these cars typically have small, marginally powered engines in them), but feels "peppy."
. But the Soul and other Kia models are down for a 2nd recall, faulty steering parts again.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
It isn't actually fast (these cars typically have small, marginally powered engines in them), but feels "peppy."

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I wasn't aware of the Porsche, I'll have to check it out.

I suppose technically, the Tesla could be considered eco-friendly but given it's performance I wouldn't lump it in with the usual suspects.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Name me one vehicle advertised as eco-friendly that isn't butt ugly.

A Porsche 918 Spyder is a hybrid.

BMW i8!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I just googled (BING-ed, actually) the 918.

Oh, my...

And under a mil too!

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, my...

And under a mil too!
Now go Google McClaren P1. A hint...it isn't less than a million.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Der ToasterVagen

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
just get them one of these.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, my...

And under a mil too!

"Retail" is under a mil, and they were sold out before the even got to the dealerships, any of the hyper cars "used" go for double sticker, at least.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/.../porsche/918--spyder

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
"Retail" is under a mil, and they were sold out before the even got to the dealerships, any of the hyper cars "used" go for double sticker, at least.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/.../porsche/918--spyder

Jeebus.

Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll admit it. I actually looked at buying one of those things. I was also looking at Original Scion Xb's at the same time. Why, you may ask, would someone intentionally consider buying a box on wheels? Well, for me it was three things: you could get it with a stick shift, it has lots of space in the rear seat, and it was slow.

The majority of my driving is a suburban commute to/from work, and acting as the backup kid-transporter. For what I needed to do, this thing would have worked reasonably well. The back seat had a surprising amount of room (good for car seats) for the size of the car. Most of your standard mid-sized sedans would have left the kiddos less room than this thing did.

Second, you could get it with a stick shift. That doesn't matter to most people, but I still prefer them. Even better, you could get it with a stick shift, and you didn't have to get the bottom-of-the-barrel model with absolutely no modern features or conveniences. Most cars that aren't sports cars and still have a manual transmission, are only available in the least expensive trim possible, which sucks for people like me who like technology AND manual transmissions.

Finally, it was slow. I have a somewhat-unavoidable tendency towards lead-foot-itis, but I've found that owning cars with minimal horsepower, helps keep me from getting in trouble with the authorities. I can make 120HP work just fine in a small car. This car still stops and turns well enough, but it couldn't win a drag race with a lawn tractor. For me, that was a good thing. Also tends to mean the gas mileage is decent, even if you don't baby it.

In the end, I was able to get a better deal on a Mazda CX-5 (still a stick shift!), but I did seriously consider the Cube.

- Bret

Posts: 2476 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
You'd get a lot of pussy in an automobile like that, a lot. I'm guessing 15-20 would fit easily. Hell, some might even be biological females!

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose technically, the Tesla could be considered eco-friendly but given it's performance I wouldn't lump it in with the usual suspects.

Actually they are not eco-friendly in my opinion. They are coal burners right? Happily the commies believe electricity comes out of the wall cleanly; AND I HAVE TWO 4 X 4s thank you.

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
and these cars usually are loaded with liberal bumper stickers.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4590 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What did you think all of those gasoline-wasting squared off surfaces were for?

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post