SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our prodigal son returns. (Kind of long.)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our prodigal son returns. (Kind of long.) Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Our prayers are with you, Darth. We never know which of us will become addicted to drugs or booze when we take that first toke or first drink. Probably most won't become addicted but many will go down the spiraling path. So sorry for you loss.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, also I apologize for not having read the post completely before posting my previous statement.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. Losing a child no matter what their age or the circumstances is the hardest thing.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16523 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Words are so inadequate at a time like this, but I'm so very sorry for your loss. This is any parent's worst nightmare. I pray you and your family will find peace and comfort.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Words are not enough. Prayers for all.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences to you and family sir.

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with you, Darth.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
This is very sad, my sincerest condolences DF. My prayers are with you and your family.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry. Take time to grieve.

May you and your family experience the peace of God during these difficult times.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God bless. Prayers for your son and family.

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm so very sorry to hear this, Kev! My prayers are with all of you.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
There are no words to convey anything coherent, we can only empathize, let you know we all deeply care and feel you hurt.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to here this. My prayers to you and your family in tis difficult time.

Posts: 1220 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours. I have walked in your shoes after our 16yr old daughter passed in 1995 due to a unknown medical event. Be strong. It will get better. Keep the family close and your faith closer. .. drill sgt.

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences to Darth, Mrs Darth, your DIL, his brothers and his child.

My sister Katje, died of a heroin overdose. This is after a long period of addiction and nearly three years sober. She got herself criminal legal jeopardy and apparently turned to drugs for the solution. Based on what I learned as the court appointed administrator of her estate she was in way over her head and was looking at a couple of years and a federal prison. Her legal difficulties suggested that her OD was not unintentional.

One of my sisters-in-law lost two husbands to suicide. The first one was just profoundly depressed after she left him and so he offed himself. Her second husband battled a lifelong addiction one that saw him booted from the Navy after 17 years. His drug of choice were inhalants, or being "huffer." After several years clean one day he got a room in a cheap hotel and deliberately killed himself using spray paint in a plastic bag, leaving a suicide note that indicated he could not continue living with his addiction.

I don't know whether marijuana is a gateway drug or not. I generally suspect alcohol is the gateway drug because I've never met a person who smoked marijuana who'd not drunk alcohol first. But I do know that not many people to terms with their addiction.

Again my deepest condolences for you and all of your family.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. It is definately not a victimless crime. Prayers for your family

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss. What most people don’t know is that in the 80’s, Marijuana was genetically modified to increase the THC levels. What people use today vs naturally occurring Marijuana is very different and the addiction issues are real and long lasting with gateway issues rampant. My best to you and your family .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BB61,

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Prayers offered in church this morning. We are so sorry for your loss.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post