SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Users of Kodi/add-ons to download TV/Movies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Users of Kodi/add-ons to download TV/Movies Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Evening folks...

After cutting the cord some years ago, my buddy showed me an option for watching TV/movies via Kodi and Covenant. I know there are many other add-ons for Kodi that operate similar to Covenant, but I just haven't researched any of them.

Essentially what's happening, is that there seems to be very little content with Covenant as opposed to what it used to be. When I first installed it, there was a pretty good selection from which to choose, watch, and download. Now it's VERY spotty.

So for those among us who are using Kodi, is there another add-on that you have found that works better then Covenant?

Thanks!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Placenta and Neptune Rising work decent on Kodi. Those are the two I use the most for movies.

Posts: 2441 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Neptune rising

And you should use a VPN

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
And you should use a VPN

Because it's stealing?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
And you should use a VPN

Because it's stealing?

I just did some really superficial research. What I found suggests perhaps it is, but I found very little discussion about such add-ons, other than how to install and use them.

I wonder how long before ISPs are obliged to begin policing VPN usage, because of their popularity for avoiding getting nicked for piracy?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I depends on what you watch, if you are doing new movies and such then you would be wise to use a vpn.

There are a lot of shows you can watch that are not, and you can get international tv shows sports etc.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Troypoint.com

Posts: 868 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that Kodi is just a renamed XBMC, which is a Plex-like alternative that has essentially just married together regular Torrenting (which is often how illegal downloads are done, but isn't necessarily always illegal) with a Plex-like player with the express purpose of sort of obfuscating the Torrenting part from the end user. And, much like Torrenting in general, Kodi and its apps aren't always or necessarily illegal sources, but it mostly is.

I think it's also true that there are very few truly free, and interesting / quality, sources for content, so I'd be very, very surprised if most of it wasn't illegal.

I'm not preaching to you about it, do whatever you like, but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. One would have to thoroughly look at all of your sources and content to be sure.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This ^^^^^ is pretty much what I gleaned from what little I read--including the distinct impression people were going out of their way to avoid discussing the piracy aspects.

TANSSAAFL.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Kodi or the plugins or jailbreaking devices - not illegal. But streaming pirated content is - which is the only reason people do it, and the only reason they would want to use a VPN setup. The one time I messed with setting it up - everything I looked at looked like shit on the TV.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2282 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
This ^^^^^ is pretty much what I gleaned from what little I read--including the distinct impression people were going out of their way to avoid discussing the piracy aspects.

TANSSAAFL.

I agree. It appears to be the typical Torrenting argument reframed under the guise of a particular distro of XBMC that keeps those parts in the background / under the hood, with the central theme of the pitch/argument being "the tools themselves aren't illegal", which is absolutely true, until/if someone uses it to watch or listen to protected content for free.

It's a pretty clever repackaging of old torrent tech and new Roku/Firestick like boxes, really, and more family friendly in the sense that the "piracy" bits are de-emphasized. I bet the userbase is a mix of those who know and don't care and a bunch who don't really get it. More user friendly than Torrent apps, I suppose, especially for non-nerds.

Crackle has legit free content, but not much at any given time, and OTA channels are free, and there's a bunch of random themed "channels" on a regular Roku box which I suppose are available to other non-Roku boxes, so there *is* legit free content out there, but not much in the way of current or popular films and TV. Even the paid services are limited...

I kept seeing these on the periphery, but never paid them any attention. Trippy.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I have been using the Exodus add-on on my Fire Stick. It’s worked great for me.

https://www.firesticktricks.co...odus-kodi-addon.html

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post