SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging Brecaidra.... a memory from 7 years ago.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Brecaidra.... a memory from 7 years ago. Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted
Brecaidra!

Thank you. Thank you again. This photo just popped up in memories from 7 years ago. This is the outfit you knitted my son when he was born. Seeing this pop up brought such fantastic memories today. I just had to share with the forum, because you are awesome...and because this forum has been an amazing place for hosting these types of touching experiences.

Here's an updated photo....

Thanks again Brecaidra! We've saved the outfit...it will get handed down to his first child!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wow, doesn't that look snuggy warm!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
wow hard to believe that was 7 years ago. I'm almost certain I remember that pic. You posted it here didn't you?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
wow hard to believe that was 7 years ago. I'm almost certain I remember that pic. You posted it here didn't you?

I'm sure that I did.

11 years is a long time to hang out in a place, and I've shared (probably too much) a lot over the years. I found many mentors here, several current and past members gave not just advice...but true mentorship and friendship over the years. I remember breaking a rear axle shaft 2 days before Christmas 2,000 miles from home back in 2009. The flood of true offers of support and financial help (no strings attached) was amazing.

I guess I'm just appreciating a few of you guys today. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I remember that. Are you sure it was 7 years ago?

It seems like only months.

Time travel sux.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
OP, I hope you don't mind but since this is for Brecaida, I thought I'd post also something she knitted for me as a gift for my boss.

The twist was I got the colors from my boss to match the baby's room. And I got her to think I was learning knitting to knit something for her baby. I'd come in the morning and tell her about my time in the evening knitting with a bunch of women and how I was getting carpal tunnel. I gave her the scoop a week later and she had me print the emails between me and Bre to put in some memory box for her first son.

The tag even says "Knitted by Rey"

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19721 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I remember that, and congratulations on a fine boy.

Bre's knitting is the best. I love the little airplane buttons.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post