SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend an iPhone7 call recorder

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Recommend an iPhone7 call recorder Login/Join 
posted
Can any of the iPhone users suggest a phone call recorder for my iPhone 7+? It would vbe great if it were easy to initiate while a call is in progress.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I looked into this once. Surprisingly more challenging than I had thought, and gave it up. All I wanted was to record conference calls for work while I was driving and could not take notes.

This might be of some help. If you find something, "easy", please report back.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/m...record-calls-iphone/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I too looked into a device and pretty much went in circles. The only alternative I could come up with is put the call on speaker and record the conversation with a hand held pocket recorder.. I'm not too clear if you have to advise the caller the conversation is being recorded though.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I too looked into a device and pretty much went in circles. The only alternative I could come up with is put the call on speaker and record the conversation with a hand held pocket recorder.. I'm not too clear if you have to advise the caller the conversation is being recorded though.
That varies with state law.

Here in Florida, where you and I live, it's legal to record without advising, as long as at least one party in the conversation knows that the call is being recorded. So, you (person A) cannot record a conversation between two other people (B and C), without notifying at least one of them -- no secret wiretap allowed.

But, if you either make or receive a call, you can record it without notifying the other party.

Some states require that both parties need to know about the recording.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Florida is a two-party consent state: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Sta...ections/0934.03.html.

Iowa is a one-party consent state so the OP would not need to worry about consent unless the call was interstate. Things get messy when a someone in a one-party consent state records a call with someone in a two-party consent state; whether the recording was legal is usually (but not always) determined by the law where the recording took place.

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is available for the iPhone. It's what I use on my Android and I find it very convenient. It's user-friendly and has many customizable settings. I have it set to automatically record all incoming and outgoing phone calls which automatically delete after one day. You can save it in several different formats and have them automatically emailed to you. The app is maintained and has been updated as recently as 2/21/17. The developer is NLL Apps and it's called "Call Recorder-ACR".

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post