SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Misguided protests
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Misguided protests Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
At least they had food trucks for their rally.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crob59:
I just read on another site (gasp what is this blasphemy?) that Hogg the apparent leader/speaker is now not happy that Parkland school is requiring that all backpacks entering the school must be clear so contents are visible.
He even stated in an interview that this might be a “rights violation”, of all things for him to say. I guess he has only read the first amendment in Our bill of rights.

Check out the pictures of him raising his fist in Nazi/fascist fashion at the end of his speech.
Real special behavior, reminiscent of many fascist rallies such as 1939 Nuremberg.

Wow, just Wow.

How ironic, a commonsense safety rule that will actually stop weapons from getting into school is a rights violation, yet ripping up the Constitution which will result in zero lives saved is perfectly OK...... Hmmmm.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20847 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandson (22) sent me this in reference to Bidens statement he would have "beat the hell out of trump" in high school

"Fight of the year. Maybe liberals will take Trump down with a fully semi-automatic AR-15 with a bumpsock chainsaw grenade launcher."

Bless his heart. He would like to meet Hogg in person Smile

Posts: 778 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
I just read on another site (gasp what is this blasphemy?) that Hogg the apparent leader/speaker is now not happy that Parkland school is requiring that all backpacks entering the school must be clear so contents are visible.
He even stated in an interview that this might be a “rights violation”, of all things for him to say. I guess he has only read the first amendment in Our bill of rights.

Check out the pictures of him raising his fist in Nazi/fascist fashion at the end of his speech.
Real special behavior, reminiscent of many fascist rallies such as 1939 Nuremberg.

Wow, just Wow.

How ironic, a commonsense safety rule that will actually stop weapons from getting into school is a rights violation, yet ripping up the Constitution which will result in zero lives saved is perfectly OK...... Hmmmm.

If a clear backpack = safety then they should require clear plastic clothes to be sure.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If they really understood what happened to them they would be protesting why the school district and Sheriff department sold their safety for Federal dollars.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I say let them have it, lets REALLY protect them.

No drivers license till 21, maybe 25, that's when insurance Co. feel they are safe behind the wheel. Why should they be allowed to endanger all of us driving a 5000 pound projectile.

No school loans or any loans/credit cards till after 21.

No legal contracts of any kind till 21.

No marriage or consent till after 21.

Posts: 4639 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I say let them have it, lets REALLY protect them.

No drivers license till 21, maybe 25, that's when insurance Co. feel they are safe behind the wheel. Why should they be allowed to endanger all of us driving a 5000 pound projectile.

No school loans or any loans/credit cards till after 21.

No legal contracts of any kind till 21.

No marriage or consent till after 21.

And don't forget-

No voting until 21.

No phones until 21.

Mandatory midnight curfew until 21.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, just Wow.

And he's (justifiably) being brutalized for it on social media!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
actually, I think they should ban backpacks altogether

really, no one needs to carry a backpack to school

certainly that would eliminate a whole host of problems with anyone bringing anything into the schools

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
actually, I think they should ban backpacks altogether

really, no one needs to carry a backpack to school

Dunno if that's necessarily true. I recall carrying an arm-load of books back-and-forth to school for a good deal of my grade school through high school years. Now-a-days you can probably add to that a laptop or tablet, for some of them. And who knows what else.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post