SIGforum
Warthog flyover to kick off our LaPorte 4th parade today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3650067624

July 04, 2017, 09:25 AM
striker1
Warthog flyover to kick off our LaPorte 4th parade today
Two A-10 Thunderbolts from the 122nd Fighter Wing (Ft Wayne NG) will kick off the festivities with a flyover. Hoping to get some decent video. It's been years since I've seen or heard Warthogs.

God bless Fairchild Republic, and God bless America!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

July 04, 2017, 09:42 AM
911Boss
BRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT!!!!!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

July 04, 2017, 09:53 AM
trapper189
They have such a distinctive sound. I don't know why, but we see them flyover a couple of times each summer in on Lake Huron in Northern Michigan halfway between Rogers City and Cheboygan. Saw a pair about three weeks ago while talking to some down staters that were visiting the neighbor two houses down the beach. The guy thought I really knew something about airplanes because I identified them by sound.
July 04, 2017, 10:01 AM
Photoman

+++
July 04, 2017, 10:29 AM
braillediver
I'd love to see one of those flying.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.
July 04, 2017, 10:36 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
[Warthog photo]

That's one of our old Warthogs, from the Arkansas Air National Guard's 188th Fighter Wing, the "Flying Razorbacks".

(The Razorback, a slang term for a wild hog, is the University of Arkansas' mascot. So the hog motif works for both the Warthog and Arkansas in general.)

Unfortunately, they took away our Warthogs back in 2014. The 188th is all drones now.
July 04, 2017, 11:40 AM
Photoman
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
[Warthog photo]

That's one of our old Warthogs, from the Arkansas Air National Guard's 188th Fighter Wing, the "Flying Razorbacks".

(The Razorback, a slang term for a wild hog, is the University of Arkansas' mascot. So the hog motif works for both the Warthog and Arkansas in general.)

Unfortunately, they took away our Warthogs back in 2014. The 188th is all drones now.

Funny thing... I noticed the markings after I posted it. I've got a bunch of A-10 pics and that one is one of my favorites.

+++
July 04, 2017, 11:44 AM
r0gue
I am a private pilot because as a child in Myrtle Beach in the 70's, they ran these out of the AFB and I fell in love. I adore them. A chief regret of my life is not pursuing being an AF pilot.

July 04, 2017, 01:09 PM
bayouman
They scare the bejesus out of the hajiis.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.
July 04, 2017, 01:45 PM
gearhounds
"They scare the bejesus out of the hajiis"

As they should...

A-10's; they have a very distinct and unmistakable sound when they fly over.

A couple of months, a few visited the NG base where I live. I had no idea they were around, but knew exactly what I would see when I looked up. Our finest close air support platform.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
July 04, 2017, 02:05 PM
striker1

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

July 04, 2017, 02:10 PM
gearhounds
^^^
Awesome!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown