SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Supreme Court Nomination Pool
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Supreme Court Nomination Pool Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If Chris Murphy hates him, we're good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
CYO? Oops. A Catlick.

Reminds me of Caddyshack ...

Bishop: Oh, are you a Roman Catholic?

[Danny nods]

Bishop: Oh, then I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you can't come.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
CYO? Oops. A Catlick.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
Time will tell. Just remember, you heard it here first.
John Roberts was supposed to be wonderful also.

I'm with you. I haven't had a good feeling about this guy from the get go. From his association with the Bush family (an immediate press release by the Bushes lauded his choice) to his friendship with Kagan to his questionable Obamacare rulings to his education by Jesuits, etc....

I am not convinced that this will do anything to change the court for the better, and I don't trust him to not be another Kennedy or Roberts. I, too, hope I'm wrong.

But, I suppose he was the easy(est) choice to get through the Senate, and in this I am disappointed in The Donald. I was hoping he'd bring the fight to those assholes.

Posts: 20608 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kavanaugh is a swampy selection. His wife was the secretary of George W Bush. Kavanaugh recommended John Roberts for the Supreme Court. Kavanaugh is a swamp creature.

quote:
[sarcasm]Well aren't you a ray of sunshine.[/sarcasm]

I'm guessing you're also a good example of my point here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...940061444#5940061444

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Why is Ted Cruz repeatedly mentioned as a possible "No" for Kavenaugh?

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
If Chris Murphy hates him, we're good.

Yup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
So which horse is this messenger of the Apocalypse riding?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32053 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

I am not convinced that this will do anything to change the court for the better, and I don't trust him to not be another Kennedy or Roberts. I, too, hope I'm wrong.

Well I'm here to tell you that you're both wrong. There! You heard it hear first! Roll Eyes

quote:
But, I suppose he was the easy(est) choice to get through the Senate, and in this I am disappointed in The Donald. I was hoping he'd bring the fight to those assholes.

How do you imagine that he'll be any easier to confirm than anyone else on Trump's list?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:
The talking heads on CNN appear to be happy with Kavanaugh. All positive comments, nothing negative yet.

I watched madcow and she was warning that this was all done by Trump in order to later pardon himself.

Mini tiny meltdown, I was hoping for - this is your life now, you're not dead or dreaming this real.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Wishful thinking by those who are upset with the likelihood of the Judge being confirmed.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know who is mentioning that, but no way that is going to happen.

Cruz was pushing for Lee and talking down all of the other nominees prior to the decision.

No way he votes no on this nomination.

- John Adams

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:

I don't know who is mentioning that, but no way that is going to happen.

Cruz was pushing for Lee and talking down all of the other nominees prior to the decision.

No way he votes no on this nomination.

Cruz isn’t voting no. If Cruz votes no on this, he will be looking for work come January and might end up picking up cigarette butts in the park across from the White House.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because he wants to be seen as pushing for someone further to the right and with fewer associations with the Bushes. I'm not worried about him voting "no" unless the votes are clearly not there to confirm anyway.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Cruz is not a no vote on confirmation.
Yes, of the 4 finalists President Trump picked the one most likely to be confirmed for several reasons. In that respect it was a good choice.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Well I'm here to tell you that you're both wrong. There! You heard it hear first! Roll Eyes

quote:

How do you imagine that he'll be any easier to confirm than anyone else on Trump's list?

I agree, they are both wrong. My god, he hasn't even been confirmed and the pessimism strong.

Posts: 653 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
The point is, how will the Court be situated after he is confirmed versus the composition when the Court heard arguments a few months ago? If the replacement ends up being an improvement, it's a win. If it's a big improvement, it's a big win.

One cannot reasonably predict at this point in the process if the nominee will signal right and turn left. You trust the one making the appointment has done their homework and made a good choice.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Fox News was going to do a live show in front of the Supreme Court. Shannon Bream told Sen. Sasse they had to bail. Apparently Antifa protesters, potentially violent.

Link

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, would you be happier with President Hillary Clinton "making history" with the first illegal immigrant Supreme Court Justice? Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post