SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tessa Majors murder

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tessa Majors murder Login/Join 
posted
https://www.mercurynews.com/20...-police-station/amp/

This murder has me totally depressed.

I am used to hearing about ghetto killings-gang bangers offing each other; perhaps I am callous, but I have little sympathy for them. Now, the same environment has produced 13 and 14 year old killers and an 18 year old girl is dead.

What is the solution?

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2149 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the privilege of taking three daughters (and a son) to college and leaving them on their own. I cannot imagine what her parents are going through. We have friends who lost a college daughter to a car accident while she was at school and we have seen how devastating that has been. This situation is so much worse as it was at the hands of human evil.

posted Hide Post
Immediate execution for the attackers and their parents

Posts: 1463 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the solution?

Short walk with a long drop.....public hangings to deter others and the recidivism rate is close to zero

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Go back to enforcement of the law.

When Guiliani and his new police chief took over they focused on vandalism on the subway and fare skippers. They cracked down on minor crime and major crime eventually dropped.

Now NYC has a mayor who has said they will overlook fare skippers, drug use and other "minor" crimes.

The question is - why does a group of 13 and 14-years olds go out on a night looking to rob someone? In what kind of society does that happen?

In one where they know there are no repercussions. Welcome to Bill DeBlasio's NYC. All the progress in the last 25 years can be erased in a heartbeat.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post