SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone live on Macs but use a samsung phone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone live on Macs but use a samsung phone? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
How do you sync?
how do you transfer iTunes music?
Can this be done?
I've always been 100% apple but the shine is wearing off...
I just wondered how you do the things that flow, when you switch the phone component.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8393 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I use a Mini Mac on occasion, and Macbooks and Thinkpads for my work. On my Samsung phone, I use an old Thinkpad for music and video mgmt, re-converted my music files into FLAC files.

iTunes was one of the reasons I dropped the iPhone and switched to Android.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I don't use iTunes at all. The reason is I have neither a Mac nor an MS-Windows box with which to do so. Luckily, music isn't a big deal for me, or that might have been a deal-breaker and forced me back to Android *shudder*.

As it is: Music not being a deal-breaker for me, I'll stick with Apple, shine or no shine. I distrust Android and Google/Alphabet nearly as much as I do MS-Windows and Microsoft. (N.B.: I distrust Samsung perhaps even more than either of them.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several MAC computers and have all but sworn off PC's.
I also use nothing but Samsung phones. Right now I'm on a Galaxy Note 9.

Just too many advantages to the Galaxy to not use, like a much better Camera (don't believe what the reviews say about iPhone Camera's), Screens that don't break the first time you look crosseyed at them. Expandable memory etc etc etc

Apps across both are roughly equivalent. Last time I just plugged my phone in to a USB port and transferred files over, no big deal. Most of the time when I listen to Music it's through Pandora or the like anyway. I can be a bit of a PITA to transfer over your music files but doable.

I REALLY like both MAC's and Samsung phones ;-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post