SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for great socks?? Farm to Feet!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for great socks?? Farm to Feet!!! Login/Join 
Picture of inspcalahan
posted
NOT GUN RELATED! Unless you want expensive pistol storage bags. Big Grin
I just wanted to put a plug in for a great American Company - Farm to Feet Socks. They are all American, to include their supply chain, workers, etc.

I'm hard on socks, with daily use in boots that see a lot of miles, not to mentioned the elements and outdoors of Alaska. I absolutely can't stand plain old white cotton socks, even though they are inexpensive. They are awful on active feet.

Last year I found Farm to Feet at Sportsmans Warehouse and picked up a couple different styles and weights. They are on the higher end cost wise for quality socks but, they seem to be holding out better than any others I've found. They also have a lifetime warranty! If you're unhappy for any reason, they'll refund or exchange them for the life of the sock!
I recently put this to test for the first time. I had a pair of socks I've had for several months and they developed a hole above the ankle area in a non-traditional wear/stress area. I contacted them via email, sent in a quick picture of the sock and they immediately shipped me a new pair. No hassle on my part and I didn't even need to ship in the old ones.

Excellent customer service! In doing my best to support local, buy US made, etc, this is one company that will be keeping me as a customer.

Go check them out and then buy yourself a few pairs!
https://www.farmtofeet.com

Posts: 825 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a pair of their socks but I just can't get by feeling that I would be wearing a Billboard.

The hideous designs and advertising knit into the socks is a "No Go" for me. Impressive otherwise.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Their manufacturing site is in my backyard (well, sort of). The engineer-geek in me would like to visit sometime and see the machinery run. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I think I saw a display of these at Sportsman's Warehouse, I took a quick look and moved on. When my Smartwools wear out I'll give them a closer look.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of pair, and I'll second that they are great socks. They are similar to my Darn Tough socks, but seem to be a bit thicker. I like them when I'm wearing boots.

Merino wool socks are great.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"100% US-made merino wool"

"Ingredients
70% US Merino Wool
29% US Nylon
1% US Spandex"

So...which is it?

I'll stick with my Wigwams. They haven't failed me yet and they're less expensive.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Well done.

But $16 a pair for everyday wear socks?

Not going to happen.

"Tactical" socks?

They're trying way too hard.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post