SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chromebook Won't Access A Site -- Error -- How To Fix?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chromebook Won't Access A Site -- Error -- How To Fix? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
www.xteamfitness.com

Error message is

Access denied. If you believe that this is in error, please contact us directly. Thanks!

HP Chromebook 14.

FIOS or corporate web server...no luck.

Have read and tried every suggestion on the internet. No luck.

Site is accessible using a Windows 10 machine. Site is accessible from Macbook Pro using Safari.

Any expert opinions?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
What is the error message or what specifically happens when you go to that site?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same problem with SigForum, but I think it's a new network policy with my internet provider. I'm outside the U.S. and have no problems connecting with my VPN turned on. It began happening with my laptop today. Sorry I can't help, I will be talking with my network provider about it though.

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I have the same problem with that site on an Asus Chromebook when using the Chrome browser. This Asus Chromebook also has support for Android apps. I've installed the Firefox browser Android app. I can access that site with Firefox.

I think the problem lies at the feet of the 14 year old web developer they're using. Big Grin The website doesn't like something about the Chrome browser or the Chrome browser on Chromebooks.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Try removing it from your favorites and type in the URL. If it works then add it to your favorites again. For some strange reason it works for me sometimes but I have no idea why.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The error message is stated on the site page itself...not like it is a browser error (such as 404 not found). www.xteamfitness.com It's like the site code is looking at my Chromebook and blocking it. How it knows when I am accessing from a Chromebook, or a Windows laptop, or a Windows desktop, or my wife's Macbook Pro, I don't know.

-------

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firefox on a Linux PC, and I, too, get the "blocked" error. The real joke? The error says to contact them directly, but provides no email address, phone number, nor any other info on just how to contact them.

The real problem here is they hired a moron to do coding.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Is Chrome OS like Linux? Maybe that is the common element to the failure.

The person coding the website is a personal friend, not a moron. I bet there was an oversight in his site design.

-------

Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Chrome OS or Chromium OS is a "fork" of Gentoo Linux. Websites can detect not only browser info but client platform operating system. I believe the website has an unhandled condition for the Chrome browser (and Firefox per whanson_wi) on a Linux-ish operating system.

In the case of Android Firefox on my Chromebook actually accessing this website, I believe the website detects the client operating system as Android and not Linux.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
How it knows when I am accessing from a Chromebook, or a Windows laptop, or a Windows desktop, or my wife's Macbook Pro, I don't know.

Among other things, your browser sends, and the http server logs, something called the "User Agent" string. This includes your OS and browser versions.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post