SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need pics of Zanotti safe interior
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need pics of Zanotti safe interior Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
ZAIII 6' version.

You'd think they would have something on their website or some better instructions than what they send with the safe considering the price you pay. Roll Eyes

But these are the "instructions" they sent with the safe. Doesn't tell me much:

Anyone have pics so I can get an idea of what to do? I have 7 pieces. None are labeled. Some are carpeted both sides, some are carpeted one side.

What goes where?

Posts: 13312 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I don’t post pics of my safe online. Too much hassle to pull everything out at once.

Take your time, all the pieces will make sense logically. I built mine fast and only needed a 2nd set of hands for the door.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12961 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I don’t post pics of my safe online. Too much hassle to pull everything out at once.

Take your time, all the pieces will make sense logically. I built mine fast and only needed a 2nd set of hands for the door.

What Prefontaine said--on both counts.

If you look carefully at the image they provided and the pieces you have, there's only one way they can all go together, really.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
The "stick" goes left to right at the front of the safe. When you put the floor down, this will make it slope towards the rear.

The largest piece (probably carpeted on one side) is the floor.

There should be two pieces the same width as the floor, but not as deep. These are your top shelves.

The side shelves will be the smaller squares.

Remaining piece is the center divider.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15862 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a Zanotti, don't recall any issues. Yes, those instructions could be lacking. There shouldn't be to many parts. If need be I'd call up the company and get the straight scoop.

Posts: 6423 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a description online by a guy who put his together (twice if I remember right because he swapped the top and bottom initially) that I referred to when putting mine together. His description of the process was accurate and helpful (like wear hearing protectors when banging the pins in). Do a search for those notes and it explains things better than Zanotti's paperwork.

Posts: 1224 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put mine together twice. First time me and a buddy did it and I thought for sure one of us would lose a finger hanging the door.

Second time, I used those orange appliance moving straps to carry the majority of the weight with the wife just kind of making sure it didn't tip. Needed one additional person, my 10 year at the time to guide us into the pin holes.

First time took a couple hours, no shit the second time took about 15 minutes.

They would benefit greatly by improving their manual/making a video.

Tips in no particular order: moving straps, third set of hands, grease or vaseline on pins, rubber mallet, horizontal rifle shelf slopes toward the front, ie higher at the back.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to try a YouTube search. Something promising came up in my search but I wasn't going to spend the 15 minutes to watch it.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post