SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone familiar with GetUpside-dot-com?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone familiar with GetUpside-dot-com? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I keep hearing their commercial about getting cash back on gas. I drive quite a bit as part of my job; so buy quite a bit of gas.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did it for a while and the cash back was OK, but after about a month it stopped being 10-25 cents a gallon and started being 2-3 cents. Between that and having to use specific stations, it wasn't worth it to me to keep participating.

A friend of mines been using it for years and I think he's gotten 400-500 dollars over that time. He drives much more than i do though.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
USAA has a credit card that gives you 5% cash back on gasoline all year long, if you qualify.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I used it consistently for about a month. I drive a lot, so I filled up a lot. Their discounts were often offset by the equally good (or better) discounts I got with the loyalty cards I have for pretty much every top-tier station, but in the end I cleared a little under $25, IIRC.

Could I use an extra $25/mo.? Sure. Was it worth the hassle of driving to specific stations and using the app every time? Well… I stopped using it.

Nothing wrong with the program. Probably not AS good as advertised. But easy enough to use and no problems cashing out when I wanted to.

As with most things, YMMV.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I use it every time I fill up. I get 11-14c per gallon off. I use the same station in town any way so it's no hardship to me. Seems that BP gives the most discount round here.

I started in November 21 and so far I've accumulated over $16. I'm retired so don't drive as much as you working stiffs. Better in my pocket than theirs. I'll let it build up a bit then get me a gift card to buy toys.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
i used it on a big road trip but no stations around here use it.
if there are local places that are good I would continue for sure

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started using it in July 2020. To date, I’ve earned $205. I go to the same gas station in town for the most part so that isn’t as big an issue for me. I do travel for work and most larger station on the highways don’t accept it… Love’s for example. My wife has earned probably close to $100 in a little less time. The Shell closest to me is usually $0.10 per gallon.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I looked into it, but I get a better deal at Kroger.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I have been using it for gasoline regularly for about six months.

For a short time when gas prices took a huge jump, I was only realizing a few cents off each gallon. But recently, I have been getting 20 to 25 cents back. The money is paid in a couple days. Later, you can use those funds to buy gift cards, transfer into your PayPal account, etc. if you transfer less than $15, there is a small fee.

I have turned on family members and co-workers, and so far everyone is happy with it. And they have branched into restaurant and grocery store discounts now, but I have not tried that yet.

Note that if you try to use other discounts at the same time, such as Kroger, it will pay only the amount ABOVE the Kroger points. But this costs nothing to download or use, so you gain something every time.

They don't send a lot of emails either, which is nice.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post