SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lexi: my four legged buddy that passed on tonight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lexi: my four legged buddy that passed on tonight Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My condolences, it always hurts to say goodbye to our fur babies.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Posts: 542 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your pup. Try to focus on the joy she brought to you.

Best regards and sympathy,

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss...it certainly sounds as if you did everything that you possibly could for her...we know that she was loved!

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Yes, I understand and share your pain. BTDT, twice!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Many of us have been there, and that’s no real consolation. But rest assured we feel your pain.

Sorry for your loss. Frown

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss.

Rest peacefully Lexi, good girl.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some reason today's date has been bothering but I didn't know why.

I did a search in the emails and discovered/remembered that on this day in 2016 at 0330hrs we had to put down our shepherd mix who was her buddy.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

When the time is right, you’ll find another to share with your family. As I write this, I have a 6 year old beagle asleep in my lap that followed a beagle mix, that followed a shepherd mix, that followed a golden mix, that followed a pit bull...you get the idea.

Dogs are family if they are properly appreciated.
They are never replacements for the ones that preceded them, but a continuation.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15591 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear.

Lost, but never forgotten.

They take a little piece of our heart when they go. But leave a tiny piece of theirs with us. So that we will always be connected. They are so special.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19193 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, my friend. Too many of us have felt it too often. My prayer is for your peace & comfort. Rest easy knowing she has many new friends on the other side.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Condolences, no doubt Lexi brought joy and a light heart irregardless of how you were doing. I put down my little buddy husky several years ago....cried my eyes-out.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry...

My boy Buster is going through the same kind of thing right now. Surgery, Chemo/Steroids.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3486 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Dogs don't live long enough.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences, man Frown

Been there. Done that. Several times. It sucks Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1st off, sorry for your loss. It's been a year since I lost my chow chow buddy, we both knew his time was nearing the end. I told him that I was going to get a new chow chow buddy, but that the new friend would never replace him. Got a pup a month later, drove 10 hours to pick him up. He is one of the greatest friends I have ever had, still can't replace Grizz though. When you find it in your heart, get a new buddy, I don't regret it.....

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'm really sorry for your loss. Losing a pup is devastating. When the time comes, find another pup who needs a forever home. Not to replace Lexi but to honor Lexi.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
So very sorry......

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, it's hard to go through but best for your 4 legged little friends.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post