SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Two hurt in accidental shooting at East Tenn. church during discussion on church shootings"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Two hurt in accidental shooting at East Tenn. church during discussion on church shootings" Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Years ago , at a local seafood restaurant, usually a busy place , an elderly retiree detective stood up to leave with is wife, his H&K fell either out of the holster or his waistband, and discharged, grazing the legs of two patrons.
I thought modern handguns were designed to not fire if they fell on the ground.

flashguy

The incident happened 10 years ago at least, I thought as you stated above, it was odd that since it was an H&K. Maybe the newspaper misprinted back then.

Maybe he made a grab for it and pulled the trigger as he grabbed it?

The guy in the OP story is an idiot. There was NO REASON to dork around with his pistol. You ESPECIALLY don't pull the trigger while pointed in any unsafe direction, unless you are trying to shoot someone.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Years ago , at a local seafood restaurant, usually a busy place , an elderly retiree detective stood up to leave with is wife, his H&K fell either out of the holster or his waistband, and discharged, grazing the legs of two patrons.
I thought modern handguns were designed to not fire if they fell on the ground.

flashguy

Another case.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ng-article-1.2211370

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The people who carry firearms are the same people that sit inside a 5,000 lb vehicle spending down the highway while texting, watching movies and everything else but driving. People are careless and stupid. I've met so many people who think that they need to carry but have never shot a gun in their life. They buy a gun, take the class and that's the extent of their firearm experience, they may never shoot the gun again.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post