SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dewalt or Makita *** Update pg 4 with a great deal
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dewalt or Makita *** Update pg 4 with a great deal Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had decided on Makita, but lack of time for any larger projects around the house I hadn’t been in a rush. Stopped by Home Depot today to wonder and found a great deal on this Makita 36v miter saw. Overkill for what I need, and had planned on keeping the miter saw corded, but for $399 I couldn’t pass it up. Also came with two batteries and a dual charger. For some reason it’s still listed at $649 on HD’s site, but if anybody is in the market it’s a good deal.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ma...3zvNoCFYEpaQod2j4AsQ

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great deal!
I wish I needed a new miter saw.
In spite of being a huge Makita fan, I have accumulated a mongrel assortment of stuff over the years, buying whenever I see a great sale, such as this.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I just wanted to chime in and say I just bought a Makita LXT 18v brushless drill/driver and impact driver kit and Holy Cow are those little things torquey!

Everything about them is an improvement from my old Makita drill driver from size, to ergos, to power. I only have the 2 2 a/H batteries, but if the power of these things is any indication, I am going to be looking to buy a few more batteries and one of their reciprocating saws as well.

Fun, fun!

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post