SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sunday night classic funny - Foster Brooks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sunday night classic funny - Foster Brooks Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37984 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Foster Brooks was the best. I wish someone would develop a phone app that would make whomever I'm talking to hear what I say in Foster's drunk voice.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I never knew who he was until I caught some youtube performances of his during roasts. Funny shtuff.

Posts: 7364 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when Tv was entertaining, what a great Actor for this character he does

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I wish someone would revive the variety show.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I miss these guys, Yes, comedy was funny then with reasonable boundries. Brooks and Martin did a very funny airline pilot gag.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4233 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Foster Brooks and Red Skelton can you imagine these two together.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I miss these days too ! Laughed so hard watching this got tears in my eyes. Gotta share with a dentist buddy of mine.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37984 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I watched a lot of great actors over the years completely lose it trying to share the stage with Foster Brooks. Some of the Dean Martin Roasts are simply hysterical.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That was great! I remember watching Foster Brooks as a kid.

Those old variety shows were hysterical without being raunchy.

My favorite was watching Tim Conway make Harvey Korman lose it on the Carol Burnett Show.

Thanks for the laughs!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have been watching Laugh-In - starting with the pilot episode and I'm now at the end of Season 2

they had some really awesome stuff on that show for 1968 and 1969

the cast was perfect - it was fun watching them come together as a team and then working off eachother

Posts: 53203 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post