SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you let your dog sleep in bed with you?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you let your dog sleep in bed with you? Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
What flash guy said.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
No, not allowed on the bed or any furniture

Same. Our lab has three of his own beds throughout the house.

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't currently have a dog or any pet. If I did, I'd let a small dog or cat sleep with me, but a large one is going to get its own bed.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
No, not allowed on the bed or any furniture

This.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
uhhhhhhhh, yes!

Pearl is our fifth Labrador and while she has been in a crate most nights, I see my wife letting her sleep with us occasionally.

We have a Queen size bed and we have often had 2 dogs at the same time. Some mornings I would wake up on the very edge of the bed, because the Dogs and my wife occupied the majority of the bed. I would not trade it for anything.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nifty
posted Hide Post
Yes. King size bed and 2 85# dogs. Plenty of room for me and the mrs.

Posts: 2455 | Location: Relocated from Boston to NW PA | Registered: August 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
We've been without our best friends for about 7 years now. Before, for our maligator...no. He wasn't allowed in our bed, and nearly never allowed on the couch with us. Mostly because he couldn't be still even in sleep. Partially because his shedding was out of control until about a year before he was killed because we failed to recognize a grain allergy which made him shed and scratch near constantly. The doberman was another answer. He slept with me until I got married, then he slept with both of us until I got back from a long deployment and he challenged me for my wife. Then he never slept in our bed again, but was allowed to join us on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
One of our three Greyhounds sleeps with us. Problem is he kicks in his sleep and likes to sleep the wrong direction. He thinks I'm his pillow and loves to lay across me, pinning me on my back .

Posts: 3459 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Yes, absolutely. We both enjoy the companionship of our dog. As for shedding, well, the hair is gonna get on things no matter what, so just have to brush the dog a bit more, sweep. Launder stuff a bit more maybe.
To us, it’s a comforting feeling, knowing the dog loves us, and wants to be with us. I happen to like being able to feel the dog cuddling up next to me, or hubby.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Occasionally and previously, but generally not.

I like white bed linens.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Our last dog, a staffordshire Terrier (small 50# pit)we rescued as a puppy.

First night she had a bed next to my wife, but cried and whined, so we let her in and spent the next 13 years with her warming our shoulders in a king size bed under the covers with us.
Sweet dog, miss her terribly.

At first we were concerned - the scratching, the noise, the gas...

But the dog never complained!

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Always have ever since I was a kid. Now we take one a night. Have a blonde lab and a heinz 57 rescue dog. As far as the hair I don't even care anymore. Its like trying to hold back the ocean with a spoon.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
My living room furniture has been allowed and banned (currently allowed, with the latest pup)... But they have always been allowed on the bed.

Posts: 13991 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
No, The dog is not allowed on any furniture. He knows this and has been trained. If someone invites him, he gets very nervous looking and does not jump up.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Had Dobermans for over 30 years. No on the shared bed.

Hell no on licking the face.

Dobies were intelligent, loyal & affectionate. And leaners. It got just too hard losing them after their long lives.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Don't have a dog, but my two cats certainly sleep in the same bed with me whenever they want to!

Posts: 4590 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Sorry but I never could understand that and never did that myself. None of my dogs were ever clean enough for me to even think about doing that. I am one that thinks animals need to be outside, although due to heat/cold I would bring them inside at night.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Ours are kind enough to share…. Next bed will be bigger though!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
When we had a dig, it had it’s bed, in our bedroom. While he was our little friend, he was a dog, and not clean like a person who has recently showered.

Not a chance my wife (or I) would let an animation in our bed.

That said, he had a pretty awesome bed, that was quite plush.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4026 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post