SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    '#MeToo' spray-painted on Florida statue of iconic WWII sailor kissing nurse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'#MeToo' spray-painted on Florida statue of iconic WWII sailor kissing nurse Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/n...sarasota/2914735002/

The "kissing sailor" statue in Sarasota was spray painted with the phrase #MeToo, according to the Sarasota Police Department.

According to a department tweet posted at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, police were dispatched to the location of the statue — at North Gulfstream Avenue and Bayfront Drive — around 12:53 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a person vandalizing the statue, called "Unconditional Surrender." When officers arrived, they saw the words #MeToo painted on the leg left of the woman.

There are no surveillance cameras in the area, according to police, and there are no witnesses. Damage is estimated at more than $1,000.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Defacing someone else’s property is always repulsive, but long before the #MeToo movement I thought that forceably grabbing and kissing a stranger on the street as captured in the famous photograph was repulsive as well.

I am not a “femnazi” or whatever the pejorative term du jure is, but those who believe it was an assault are right. Period.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47414 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post