SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Tesla owners? Opinions please.. Pics in OP
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Tesla owners? Opinions please.. Pics in OP Login/Join 
posted
Work is revising our vehicle reimbursement parameters (again).... fuel is now my responsibility, we have had a fuel card for the last two years. I average 2500 work miles a month in a 4runner

I’m seriously considering ordering a 2021 Model 3 long range. My current reimbursement will more than cover the cost, I’d be at a break even in my current vehicle

Anyone have one? Or any other model?

Your thoughts please

Gen 3 home charger waiting for a 60amp circuit run after we get through all the holidays. Electrician came and looked at what is needed yesterday

Drives super nice

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snwghst,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6294 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My accountant just went thru his research/replacement vehicle struggle the last 6 months, and last week put his signature on a Model Y. I've know him for decades and never have see him get literally ~excited~ over buying any kind of car before.

He said this Y model was just enough larger inside to be more comfortable. He eliminated the high $ model, the X model SUV, and the pickup, which he couldn't stand as well as being not available yet.

He's having a power nozzle installed in his garage, and becoming familiar with all the charging stations in the state.

Good luck.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I want one, and never drove one.

However I did make enough off of Tesla stock since March to buy a nice one.

Soon.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I have a 3 performance. Had a few teething problems, but far fewer issues than my MBs and BMWs did.

How far is a service center?

How many miles do you drive per day?

How often do you drive more than 200 miles in a day?

Do you have to secure client files, etc in the car? (Unless things have improved, they do not lock well enough for confidential info. Really, I only ever trusted MB trunks, or lock boxes, but I can’t find one for the Tesla.)

The long range is definitely a more livable choice than the performance.

I would look at a Y, in addition to the 3.

Posts: 5912 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Oh, and I’ll be driving back through LA in a few weeks, in case you want to drive one full of stuff, with 50K miles on it.

Posts: 5912 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Definitely get 18” wheels/if it comes with the larger wheels, sell them off, new and put aftermarket 18” wheels on it.

The stock ones are far too soft and heavy.

Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
My daughter just leased a high zoot Model X, but it's having lots of issues. The "dealer" support for problem resolution is abysmal; she will never get another and next time go back to a MB SUV.

I've driven it; it's very, very nice inside and hauls ass. The rear gull wing doors are weird though

Posts: 1492 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I have a 3 performance. Had a few teething problems, but far fewer issues than my MBs and BMWs did.

How far is a service center?

How many miles do you drive per day?

How often do you drive more than 200 miles in a day?

Do you have to secure client files, etc in the car? (Unless things have improved, they do not lock well enough for confidential info. Really, I only ever trusted MB trunks, or lock boxes, but I can’t find one for the Tesla.)

The long range is definitely a more livable choice than the performance.

I would look at a Y, in addition to the 3.

They just opened a service center in New Orleans

95% my longest drives are less than 200 miles through the month (There is a supercharger location a 1/2 mile away from one of my furthest accounts)

All records are on an iPad or laptop

I’ve been looking at the Y also, I’ll still have the 4runner if I need more space and towing ability

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6294 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Definitely get 18” wheels/if it comes with the larger wheels, sell them off, new and put aftermarket 18” wheels on it.

The stock ones are far too soft and heavy.

Will stay with the 18”s that come on

Just think base pearl white, regular no up charge wheels just with the long range battery which gets the premium interior and sound system

posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, and I’ll be driving back through LA in a few weeks, in case you want to drive one full of stuff, with 50K miles on it.

Thanks!!

I’ll be out of town Christmas to New Years so if it’s outside those dates that would be great. Thank you

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
My daughter just leased a high zoot Model X, but it's having lots of issues. The "dealer" support for problem resolution is abysmal; she will never get another and next time go back to a MB SUV.

I've driven it; it's very, very nice inside and hauls ass. The rear gull wing doors are weird though

What issues is she having?

Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:

What issues is she having?

Electrical gremlins. Car shutting off (no propulsion) while driving, big screen in the center going dark randomly, unsolvable air leaks on gullwing doors, Hands free bluetooth is not as good as two tin cans and kite string.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Hey Take a look on you tube; ENGINEERING EXPLAINED. He has some good videos up on his tesla ownership.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all

getting closer and closer to ordering

stopped by the local service center today, talked with a couple techs, both super nice and very helpful. much more so than at a regular dealership. Spoke with a lady waiting to have her cameras recalibrated, which has been the only issue for her in two years and the family's X has been
perfectly reliable for 3 years 55,000 miles. She drives hers all over the country. Pretty sure she is in the film industry

Aglifter you have a referral code I may use please, email in profile is valid if you'd prefer that method

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Email sent, and thank you.

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I have a white interior in mine. Even a little hellion of a 4 year old boy hasn’t managed to stain it - he does enjoy getting his feet covered in mud, and jumping all over the seats though

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the referral code Aglifter

Ordered... just a waiting game now.

2-4weeks to delivery

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Statistically one of the least reliable cars made.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10360 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend rented one and drove 1400 miles in it. The supercharging stations are not free, they charge you. However, he only spent $23 for the 1400 miles (he charged it at a charging station every time). I have another customer with one, he only drives it short distances, but both say the Tesla fit and finish is very nice and they drive very nice.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Though it might never be an issue for you, I stopped by a local body to mooch a couple panel fasteners Smile and noted about a half dozen bent up Tesla's in the parking lot. The Ops manager mentioned Tesla's take forever to get approvals from the insurance companies, and parts also take weeks to come in after the insurors approve the repairs. He also mentioned his guys constantly gripe about QC and panel fitment, something I've read Tesla gets dinged for a lot.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post