Notify
Tools

IRONY Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
Whoever posed this question has good insight into the ironic double standards of modern society.

The Judges who said we don’t need to stand up for the National Anthem .......... expect us to stand up when they enter the room.

What do you suppose would happen if the Judge came into the courtroom and everyone "took a knee"?

Just wondering. . .

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2687 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Both are contempt.

If one does it in a courtroom, the judge will exercise his authority over the matter and hold the person no standing, in contempt of the court.

People at ball games will not do the same thing by walking out after rendering respect for the Anthem.

Let enough people walk out, reverse charges on credit cards and or demand refunds, write and call sponsors or any other number of actions, then it would be holding those responsible in contempt, and you would see a change.

Because more is "raised for their cause", then the resulting negative consequence brought for cause, it "pays" them to continue doing it.

The "currency" of selfishness seems to be easier to obtain for the effort put forth.

It's not really an issue of double standard. The judge cares, We The People... don't.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
sigmonkey is right on. However, a very large number of die-hard football fans have stopped supporting the NFL because they DO care.

Football was the only sport I cared to pay any attention to, but I sure did! I had a sticker on my truck and never missed a game on the tele for almost three decades. But, this whole thing started with the quarterback of MY team. When the owner of the team didn't put a stop to it, I stopped paying any attention to the NFL and haven't been the least bit interested in it since.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10863 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Last night, Auburn played Washington Huskies in the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff.

At the end of the game, every Auburn player took a knee, as is their tradition. Reverence, not disrespect.

In today's world, we are amazed ESPN doesn't censor it.

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post