SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Undersheriff, Apple Security Chief, Businessman indicted in [CCW] Bribery Schemes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Undersheriff, Apple Security Chief, Businessman indicted in [CCW] Bribery Schemes Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
A CA State legislator, can't remember the name, was one of the most ardent anti 2A/CCW in the state. Someone noted to him, he had a CCW for a 9mm Beretta. His reply was along the lines of "yes I carry a Beretta, I never know when someone might want to take a potshot at me".

Pretty sure that was Leland Yee.

Don’t think Yee carried.

Pretty sure it was Bill Lockyer the former CA attorney general who was against all guns except for the one he carried because some gun nut might take a shot at him.

I think you are correct. He was also Pres ProTem of the CA State Senate for a few years.

Another IIRC. Then San Francisco Mayor Diane Feinstein publicly "surrendered" her concealed carry firearm, to support tight gun laws, setting an example of her efforts to reduce crime and violence in the city. But, someone noted she was licensed to carry two concealed guns, she surrendered only one.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
IIRC, CCW's in CA are for a particular serial number handgun. If you have two handguns you might carry, you need two CCW permits.

You do not remember correctly. An individual can get one permit. The state law allows for up to three weapons to be listed on the permit. Each weapon is identified by make, model, serial number, and caliber. The holder of the License To Carry a Concealed Weapon (often shortened to License To Carry or LTC) must qualify with each weapon in each caliber. (One could have a P229 in 9mm, .357 Sig, and .40 S&W and two other weapons, but would have to qualify with each weapon in each caliber.) Some sheriffs limit applicants to two weapons on their permit. Kern County (I think it is Kern anyway) issues permits with up to ten weapons (contrary to state law). The official, state approved permit is a white piece of paper that has to be folded to get down to card sized. It is often called an onion skin, as the old papers were quite thin and they were filled out with a typewriter. Now they’re printed on a laser printer. Several counties issue plastic cards that fit much better in a wallet. The state has been talking for years about standardizing what needs to go on a plastic card and switching to that, but it hasn’t happened. Fun and games in Commiefornia.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post