SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My wife just had a quadruple Bypass
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife just had a quadruple Bypass Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
You are both in my prayers! As it happens, back in March 2007 I went through a very similar situation. I had a strange feeling in my upper chest and called my best friend who worked in a hospital. He told me to immediately get to an Emergency Room, so I drove my self to a nearby hospital. I was screened and they found the elevated enzymes indicating heart problems and I was admitted. This was a Thursday evening. My arteries were scanned the next day and significant blockages were discovered. The cardiac surgeon wanted me to be operated on as soon as possible and the earliest available operating room was Sunday morning (which was the surgeon's day off); he elected to do the surgery then anyway and it resulted in a quadruple bypass. I was told that I was having a heart attack during the surgery, so it was a good thing that it had not been delayed until Wednesday (the next available room opening). I was lucky. I suffered no after effects and made a full recovery.

With all the skill available these days, I am confident that your wife will also come through this with flying colors and will have a complete recovery. I pray that I am right.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for a full recovery.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Sending my prayers your way Rolan, for you and your wife Carol. Glad they found it and got it taken care of.

^^^^^^^^^^
Best!!

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent up for the both of you.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very glad she went to the clinic and got it in time

wishing her a speedy recovery

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Rolan,

Hoping for a speedy recovery for your wife. And best wishes for both of you.

Had a emergency X3 January 1998, I had a big time Angina event while taking a stress test in a hospital, I was there for an unrelated (acid reflux) attack and the E.R. doc wanted to test me even though all the tests for a Cardiac incident were negative.

The only thing I can say is to follow all the recommendations from your Cardiologist regarding medications, diet, exercise and stress reduction.

And for your wife to remember that each day forward is a gift regardless how good or bad that day is.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I truly hope all the best for her quick and full recovery!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Rolan, I'm so glad this was caught without damage to your wife's heart.
She is through the most dangerous part, but facing several weeks of discomfort (pain) with recovery. It's so important that she follow all the instructions--use the incentive spirometer as directed, use a cough pillow, take pain medication as needed so she doesn't "splint" and get pneumonia.
These are all routine things all the CCU nurses and cardiologists know, so be sure to follow the instructions.
If you have any questions, my e-mail is in my profile, don't hesitate to ask.

Dr. Goodheart
Your friendly SigForum cardiologist as always; and yes I'm still practicing so I'm still a cardiologist.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Glad it was found and she is going to be good as new soon. Prayer sent.

Thanks for letting us know Rolan.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
As others have said it is very fortunate they caught this now. Unlike men, women typically don’t suffer a minor cardiac event, the first heart attack is the only one due to it being a massive, fatal one. Hope she has a quick and full recovery.

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Rolan thoughts and prays on the way.

Went through this with my dad maybe two years ago. He is fine today. Actually even better as he doesn't get out of breath as easy as he did. He never had a heart attack or at least they never found signs of one. Which is good because there is no damage to the heart. Fix the plumbing, recover and you're better than before.

While this is still a major surgery it's fairly common and normal these days. Make sure she does all of the physical therapy and follows the doc's directions.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Praying for both of you and hoping for a quick recovery.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers are being sent to you and your wife. Be strong Brother.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Rolan...she is blessed to have found out about this before it turned out to be worse and was able to get it taken care of...and like I said in reply to your email...she is blessed (I mean BLESSED Smile) to have such a great guy taking care of her, waiting on her every whim and desire while she recoups...God keep you both in his Grace and quick healing for Bea (Carol) Smile...looking forward to paying y'all a visit next year and shooting with you both!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Lots of positive. Sounds like no damage at all to the cardiac muscle, and for all she went through, that’s sure good news. Positive thoughts for Carol and you.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy and comfortable recovery.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
You have my prayers for a full and quick recovery.
I appreciate your keeping it quiet. It stands in contrast to people who can’t wait to post their latest bowel movements on social media.

Well, if they haven't had a bowel movement in over a week, that would be news.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
So glad for both of you. Glad she followed her instincts. She should feel so much better.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post