SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about shipping Priority mail packages
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about shipping Priority mail packages Login/Join 
posted
If you use regular Priority mail, I know you can pay extra to add additional insurance on the package (up to a max of $5000, I believe).

Can you also add additional insurance if you use a Priority mail flat-rate package instead of regular Priority mail? I can’t tell from the info on the USPS website and thought somebody might have first-hand experience. Thanks.

Posts: 1180 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Yes you can. Side note, I don’t think the limit is as high as you stated though.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10945 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
^^^ If I'm shipping something above $1500.00 I use Registered Mail, safest way to go. I'm not sure if there is a limit on insurance with Registered.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3401 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Yes you can

Posts: 5626 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. My insurance will be no more than $500. Just wanted to make sure I could add it.

Posts: 1180 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
yes you can, and the limit is $5K

anything over $500 gets automatic (and free) delivery confirmation,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I use "Click-N-Ship" as a registered user of the USPS online service. Pay and print the label from home.

Page 2 of the label creation process lists the types of services you can purchase (I checked "Flat Rate" on Page 1).

Right below Choose a Service Type is Add insurance and extra services.

Insurance up to $50 is free, and takes eons to get settled. I checked "Insure for entire package amount" for an added $6.80

The package value window automatically adds the extra insurance fee if you insert any value into Package Value greater than $50. I usually leave that box blank. The maximum is $5,000.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Have any of you guys ever successfully filed an insurance claim with the USPS? I’ve been told it’s nearly impossible to get them to pay one.

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Have any of you guys ever successfully filed an insurance claim with the USPS? I’ve been told it’s nearly impossible to get them to pay one.

I have had a few Sig coffee Mugs arrived broken and they paid within 7 days, but the biggest one was a $2500 shipment that was tracked to Hoboken NJ and fell off the radar. It was high priced anti aging cream, after a lot of verification, they paid 100% and I understand they caught the employee that stole it...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8369 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

They seem to deny almost all claims right off the bat for lack of evidence, then you have to file an appeal.

Posts: 6351 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use "Click-N-Ship" as a registered user of the USPS online service. Pay and print the label from home.

I haven't had to ship anything in a while, but at least when I did so regularly, there was also a discount for using this service.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I had some expensive plaster casts of my feet get broken in transit. I had insured them, but was told I could not file a claim, only the recipient could. The recipient was in Chicago and did not have much interest in filing. I had to drive back to Chicago and pay to have another pair of casts made.

Posts: 5626 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post