SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    IPhone X or 8?????
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IPhone X or 8????? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Time for new phones.

Have had the 8 for a year plus and it seems to work just dandy.
Switching providers and they are offering BOGO on both and are willing to give $280 each for the ones I have now. Also $200 just for switching. Total those up that is more than I paid for the 2 iPhones when I bought them.

Is the X worth it?? We take lots of pics and videos of the kids. Other than that stream music and surf the web.
Not much video watching outside the occasional YouTube.

Do you have to use the face unlock thing? Thumb unlock still an option?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I believe that if you want biometric unlock it is face or nothing.

You can, however, from what I have read disable it and use numerical code.

I cannot speak to the 8 or X as I am using a 7 I am more than happy with.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7697 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That's what I'm getting. I want the fingerprint unlock.
The 10 doesn't have it.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39770 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I love the Face ID on the X, I wouldn’t go back to fingerprint. I also like wireless charging, other than that I have zero complaints on the X.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I went with the 8 Plus. The X doesn’t have a lot over the 8 beyond a little higher resolution screen and a little better camera. I prefer the thumbprint and home button.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8669 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
That's what I'm getting. I want the fingerprint unlock.
The 10 doesn't have it.

This if you want the fingerprint scanner.

The X is a badass phone and I love mine. Got it at launch last year. I have zero plans to upgrade to the Xs. I missed the fingerprint scanner for about a week and occasionally when driving.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Go with the X

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3980 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Xr.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
The face reading feature is worth the cost incease. It’s excellent. Far better than the fingerprint reader.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I really like the thumbprint.
Most are saying I won’t miss it.
What about when driving as someone mentioned how do you do it then?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25448 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Got the X a year ago, have been really happy. I’ll go out on a limb and say face recognition works a lot better than fingerprint. Nice device, should be less $ with the new Xr, Xs just being released.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the X and would never go back. Face ID is phenomenal, even while driving. It only has to see your face briefly, much less time than entering a code.

I like the 10 much better than my 8+ because I can operate all keys with one hand, and still the screen seems just as big.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
X. Big screen without big phone--but note quite heavy.
Would definitely not go back.

Posts: 18090 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Xs Max is what I’ve ordered. Upgrading from a 6.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

???

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12660 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have a 6 for work and an X for personal. Prior to purchasing the X, I used to love my 6 (had a 6 for personal and 6 for work). The Face ID is so much better than finger print, the X's edge to edge screen is like you have a plus in a normal size factor, camera in X is much better, and the X is lightning fast.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

???
Don't finger fuck your phone while driving which is outlawed in 47 states and District of Columbia, Guam, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an 8 and have the X now. I miss the home button but I like the X quite a bit more, it’s a little different but I like it and the camera is much better, phone is a lot faster too

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Upgraded from a 6S to an X about 6 months ago and it’s a great phone with a much better camera. Personally though, I hate Face ID and wish I could unlock it via fingerprint still. It’s annoying to have to be looking directly at the phone to open it and it’s slow IMO.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
X is the way to go. Face ID works in the dark. It works with sunglasses too.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post