SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any cable/internet techs or experts? Xfinity help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any cable/internet techs or experts? Xfinity help Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Frank, I'm not ranting. I'm merely stating facts, learned from working in that industry in a professional capacity for over 25 years. "SLA" isn't "my" acronym, it's an industry-standard acronym for an industry-standard term. You, OTOH, are making stuff up that simply doesn't exist. E.g.: The text you're implying commits Comcast to performance guarantees. Read again. It doesn't. You may not like the facts, but there they are.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at this point Comcast has been doing a lot, just have not found the problem. I had about 2 hours of internet issues today, and they are sending another tech tomorrow. He said they will likely need to get a maintainence team to inspect upstream. I just wanted to have something to suggest to them, maybe push them a little harder.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

So a more senior level tech (and supervisor) came out today and seemed to really know what he was doing. This being the 7th person they sent out, I guess I finally got a good one. He told me he is only sent out after several failed attempts.

Lucky for me, the internet/cable was messing up while he was there. He saw first hand and saw that the signal was terrible outside the house, despite having a new line. Clearly this meant nothing inside the house was the issue.

He went out to the TAP (it is on top of the pole where my line comes out) and said the issue was all the way at the tap. He has a maintenance crew coming out in the next 48 hours to push more power/signal to my tap which should fix the issue.

This guy was really great, he didn't stop there. He was at my house for about 4 hours and had a second guy come and help him. Here is everything he did to make sure I will not be having any issues in the future, but also to make sure I was good to go when he left.

- Ran all new cable inside the house (was at least 15 years old).
- Ran ANOTHER new line from my house to the top of the pole. This was not a normal cable, it was much thicker. He said it would give me the best signal possible.
- He properly grounded my cable line. Apparently the other 5 people didn't notice my ground wire was run 100 ft to the electric ground (supposed to be 25ft or less). He is writing up all 6 people for that oversight.
- He hooked up a heavy duty amplifier inside my house to boost my signal.
- I got upgraded the to new X1 4K box.

All this to say I am very happy. He gave me his business card and told me to call him direct instead of Comcast if I have any more issues. He also said he was going to come by the day after the maintenance crew fixes my tap to make sure everything checks out. Before the issues I was getting around 90/15, he thinks I will be in the 115/15 by the time he is done getting me upgraded.

I guess one thing to learn from all this, once you have an issue that inst being resolved, ask for a tech supervisor. They apparently got to that position because they know their shit.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Comcast finally stepped up and did right by you.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post