SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm finally getting off Windows!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm finally getting off Windows! Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I've ordered a new Mac Pro; getting of Windows finally for personal PCs at least.

Most docs I think will be straightforward to migrate from Office to whatever apps come with the Mac (word, excel, powerpoint). Not sure what to do w/ OneNote stuff yet....

I need some help with moving Outlook notes. They are in Outlook and can be viewed on my iphone. But how do I move them off Outlook into mac os Notes; I need to remove them from work Outlook server.

Is this going to be tedious one-by-one cut and paste exercise? Or is there a way to move them en masse easily?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12734 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I've ordered a new Mac Pro; getting of Windows finally for personal PCs at least.

I hope you meant a Macbook Pro. If you're really buying a Mac Pro and its monitor (at over $10,000), would you buy me one too? Smile Congrats on the move to Mac, regardless.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went out today, too, but didn't spend 10K, and bought a new big Mac desktop and new big printer-think it's an HP. They are sending someone next week to set it all up for me since I am such a dope at technology.

Really looking forward to the new one.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I really like my MacBook Pro. I run windows apps under Parallels. Some apps just don’t run on a Mac. My regular PC died a few weeks ago and I dock my MB.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4233 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

I converted 10 years ago and haven’t looked back.

Posts: 5074 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I too switched some time ago.

Windows 10 did me in.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I have Microsoft Office installed on my MAC. As long as your notes are under an account, when you install Office and set up your email accounts, all the notes and emails will be ported over.

I got the monthly subscription so I can install Office (word, PPT, Excel, Outlook) on a few MACs. I've upgraded the hard drives on two MacBooks and I had to reinstall Office. I couldn't find the old Office licensing and I would have had to pay like $150 for each computer. I decided to just subscribe to Office and use the one account to install across four MACs that the family uses. I pay $10 a month.

I prefer Outlook over Apple's E-mail. I have four e-mail accounts set up on Office and I have notes on each account (home, work, gmail, and my gunsmithing email). Once I add a note to one device, it automatically is added to the notes on my phone and iPad, which are all set up for my email accounts.

I don't use OneNote, but I just checked and it was installed on my MAC when I installed the Office package.

We've been running MACs since around 2010. I only use Windows at my day job.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5412 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I use Win10 at work, and have been on Mac at home for a good decade or so. Win10 is really quite good now, but I'll never look back.

I do think Apple could do a little better in some of the software feature development (family parental controls over the ecosystem of i-devices would be very welcome), but all in all, I'm solidly in that camp.

Posts: 11391 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I've been a happy Mac user since 2011. The MackBook Pro I'm using now is a 2009 model and works just as well now as the day I bought it.

I think you will enjoy your new Mac.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I have a Macbook Pro that I bought earlier this year. I downloaded OpenOffice to use instead of Microsoft. Free, and for me, works for what I need.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post