Find
Notify
Tools

#DrunkJudge Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Wow, ankle bracelet that detects alcohol. Learn something new every day.

I was curious about that remark too. Alcohol content of perspiration?

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:

It's a SCRAM bracelet:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Clearly, she's an alcoholic. Since it is glaringly apparent that this woman is incapable of accepting responsibility for this huge mess she's made of her life, she'll continue to go downhill and hit rock bottom.
Even after that, she'll still be blaming others.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that some super light sentences appear due to the judge being an alcoholic or part time child molester. They sometimes go light on the accused, but heavy on others such as gun owners.

I was walking and hit by a drunk. Spent 11 days in the hospital, six + months recovering, and still have some lingering injuries from that incident decades ago. Hard to appreciate the judicial system when it is often so biased.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Cleary, she's an alcoholic. Since it is glaringly apparent that this woman is incapable of accepting responsibility for this huge mess she's made of her life, she'll continue to go downhill and ht rock bottom.

"My problems are your fault" is a growing problem in society, which is fed daily by the Social Justice mantra.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arrogant, entitled bitch. Can you imagine coming up before this woman, sitting in judgment of you?
Was thinking the exact same thing. How does someone this ridiculous, who has zero respect for the law, end up on the bench? Guess it no longer matters since her days in the legal system will be restricted to occupying a a small concrete box (where she belongs).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:

It's a SCRAM bracelet:

From what I have seen, there are better alternatives to the SCRAM bracelet. I personally like the Soberlink SL2. http://reliantmonitoring.com/w...2_InfoSheet_2015.pdf

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never, ever a good idea to tell a Judge what he should do.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I think the alcohol ankle bracelet is a great idea, but glad I don't have to wear one. No way I could bend at those angles. Big Grin

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
It is sad when your defense attorney tells the judge that you are going to end up violating probation again. Big Grin

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
It is sad when your defense attorney tells the judge that you are going to end up violating probation again. Big Grin
Yes, what an asinine argument. My God. If such an argument ever worked on a judge, that judge should be removed from the bench.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Did you hear the wailing of her family when she got probation?
I thought I heard somebody say “I ain’t takin her drunk ass fo Thanksgiving!”

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, and the judge heard it as well. That's when he said "I don't believe a word they're saying."

His Honor was fed the fuck up.

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clearly, she's an alcoholic. Since it is glaringly apparent that this woman is incapable of accepting responsibility for this huge mess she's made of her life, she'll continue to go downhill and hit rock bottom.

Agreed. Alcohol has brought down better people than her.
Her attitude indicates that she hasn't come to terms with that reality yet.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Look on the bright side.

This aberration is not deciding anyone’s fate in her court, and hopefully, the good citizens will put her out of their misery at the earliest opportunity.

It’s a good lesson. Try to comport yourself so no judge gets that animated about your conduct.
Another bright side, someone else is raising her child while she is in jail.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23260 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Wow

Way to go, man!! Outstanding!!

He just dropped a truckload of truth on this shameless fool.

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Dude called her a descarada. I think we can safely add borracho to the list as well.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ooopsie!

Leticia Astacio accused of multiple probation violations

quote:
Two of the charges stem from her alleged attempt to purchase a shotgun at Dick's Sporting Goods in Henrietta on April 2 and the resulting felony charge of attempted criminal purchase or disposal of a weapon.
Dick's. Perfect, just perfect.

Ain't lookin' so hot now, Ms Big Shit.

Leticia Astacio charged with attempting to purchase weapon

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Well, she's certainly not done making headlines I guess.

quote:
The terms of Astacio's probation prohibit her "possessing a firearm, dangerous weapon, or noxious substance."

"noxious substance" - surprised they've not been required to remove her brain, such as it is.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Gosh, a repeat offender, out of control, self absorbed alcoholic tries to buy a shotgun. What could go wrong.

Unless she has an epiphany and does an about face, she will implode. I hope she doesn't take anyone else with her. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post